Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

The writing has been pretty screw-y on this show for ages but one thing I won't quibble about is how quickly Nikki has forgotten about Tess because throughout various writing regimes, we've been shown nothing but Nikki being a mostly self-centered , cocooned, boozy matriarch who is only absorbed in all things Newman and little else.

She wasn't even consistently a good friend to Katherine, so why are people surprised that she abandoned Tess??  

Don't get me wrong, I have zero investment in the Tess character, but it slightly tickles me that some people think Nikki should raise a stink about Tess staying at Sharon's place. Nothing in Nikki's character over the last decade suggest that she would care all that much.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who are these sisters and why should I care about them?  Who are they connected to?

I find an athletic club to be such a basic backdrop.  And all that nice wood getting all sweated up and moldy, Hillary strolling through in a Friday night dress. 

• Members

The Athletic Club has always been a HORRIBLE and stupid idea. Who the hell thought of mixing fine dining and sweaty people? What? It's so silly. 

Bring back Gina's.  Also a true highlight to how unappealing the men on this show are, we've had 2-3 days of them all in the gym, nobody took their shirt off nor did I want any of them to take their shirts off. Geezus help this show. 

• Members

The Genoa City Athletic Club is based off real life actual clubs like this. See the New York Athletic Club founded in 1868,  which offers many sports and also have restaurants, lounges, ballrooms, library, billiards rooftop solarium, etc. along with 8 floors of guest rooms. I'm convinced the show uses a shot of the Detroit Athletic Club as the visual for the GCAC. But either way, that's one thing MAB knew well and did get right. Wait, wasn't it MAB? 

• Members

Bring back Yves and the Genoa City Hotel! JFP really did a number on the sets. The GCAC looked so much better before JFP raided a Home Goods sale for new furniture. The upholstery and curtains in that set are hideous. The caramel colored seats and lime green curtains are eye sores. The statues in the middle of the set used to be trophies and figurines you would find at an ATHLETIC club... now its cheap pottery that TJ Maxx cant even get off of the shelves. UGH.

Archived