Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

It's a shame too because Hillary needs a friend and Phyllis or Chelsea could be it, but this show just refuses to use these characters well. I'd much rather see them in friendships and business rivalries than keeping a guy.  That could come later, but build the relationships in other ways first.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I don't mind it occasionally, when it happens THIS often with SO many sets of females, I find myself yelling "In what world would these two even TALK to each other???"

With Mariah and Hilary, I also hate the desperation Mariah shows -- initiating conversations to discuss Devon, showing off her photos with Devon, etc. It's just cringeworthy.

Can ANY reason make sense out of Tessa and Zack knowing each other and keeping it quiet? Are we supposed to believe Tessa has no idea Zack is involved in the sex ring?

And how bad off is this sex ring if Rainbow Girl Crystal is their best hooker -- you know, the one who runs off, gets scared, hates her job....yeah, those kinds of girls make awesome hookers.

• Members

Exactly.  The only reason women talk to each other anymore on this show is about the man that is currently humping them.  Or one they want to hump.  Hell, look at the Phyllis/Lauren/Michael scenes last week (or 2 weeks ago.  the days tend to run together) - it was all about Phyllis complaining about how much time Billy spends with Victoria.  No mention of Fenmore's and that online dressing room crap they peddled a few months ago.  I suppose that the department store is back to being profitable!  Macy's and JCP could learn a few things from these people

Please register in order to view this content

The Hilary/Cassiah scenes this week have been particularly horrible.  Hilary playing the heartless bitch and poor ol goodie two shoes Cassiah.  Ugh.  Honestly, these are supposed to be professional writers?  I think they should take a look at some old school soap heroines like Rita Bauer.  Brigitte Reardon.  Hell, even on their own show with Nikki.  No one is interested in one note characters, "good" or "bad"...

I sorta-kinda liked Tessa initially but she is getting on my last nerve.  And those googly eyes she makes when Zac walks in a room are truly WTF moments.  You're right - if they do know each other, why keep it a secret?  Hell, why was she keeping the fact Crystal was her sister a secret for so long?  It makes no sense.  If she truly has no idea about his role with the sex ring, that's even more of a non-reason for them to act like they don't know each other.  If she does know, no one else does (apparently not yet anyway) so again, why act like y'all don't know each other.  Unless Tessa is involved in the sex ring as well?!?!  Which would be .  Jeez, I've given myself a headache trying to make sense of this crap.

• Members

I don't get the Tessa character or the fascination the show has with her. I don't hate all newbies but she literally does nothing for me. I don't give a [!@#$%^&*] that some unknown character that's her sister is in the sex ring. I don't care that she knows Zack. I don't care that she loves Mariah. I just don't care about this bitch at all.

• Members

At this point, they're writing her so badly that it doesn't matter to me.  I flove Mishael, but clearly the show is not invested in her character.

+1  Yaaas!

+1 It has really gone downhill in record time. 

• Members

^True

However I gotta say I'm loving the fact that Sally has Sharon and Nick teaming up to uncover the truth in this sex ring story. It's obvious where her loyalties lie, as she's been hinting at a possible reunion between them (further in the future) since she started.  Plus Sharon is the only way I can stomach Nick these days as I have zero investment in him and Chelsea and I'm not inclined to go through Nick's 1000th time feuding with Victor.

So are Cane and Hillary frienemies ????

• Members

+100000000000

I don't get the "oh my gosh the show is so bad now" outcries. This is the same boring drivel we were getting when this regime first started. You get 3 or so weeks of decent character interactions and mini arcs that end up leading nowhere truly interesting. Rinse lather repeat.

I agree that Tessa is the worst of all the newbies. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to care about this girl or for her forced angst when she's been given nothing but a red carpet roll out from all of Genoa City's elites. I honestly can't wait for them to chicken out on this lesbehonest story (you know its going to happen) and write her off. She sucks and can take bland Zack the pimp with her.

Juliet and Hilary could have been a great pair, but for whatever reason they laced every interaction with Hillary attacking and threatening her out of nowhere. I could never buy them as genuine friends now which sucks because Hilary needs a female companion (I guess the stuff with Phyllis works but meh) and so does Juliet if she's going to make it on the show past this pregnancy.

Archived