Y&R: September 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mean...with all the workout scenes they have at the GCAC, they should've just made Graham Dina's physiotherapist and then have him get a side-gig as a trainer that ends up romancing Ashley, which makes Jack suspicious and called it a day.

This story has become as convoluted as the day is long!

• Members

Yeah - it's revolting. I still wish they hadn't undone Cane/P3. I mean I get JW making different choices in terms of her career, but 4 episodes since she left? She could add so much to these stories from Cane, Dina(!), Billy, etc. Has Jill even shared a scene with her formerly kidnapped nephew? I'd love to hear Jill 'advise' Scott on working with Victor. Same with BM - Traci not only would be welcomed, but also needed in the Dina story.

And I'm for having these legacy characters show up for 3-week arcs every quarter of so if that's what it would take from budget and actor availability perspective. 

• Members

I'm betting Kevin's return had to do with days left on his contract. Basically they get to use him for 'free' and it helps fill airtime. (No really an issue on a show where no much is happening anyway.) I'm certain that's why we got the bizarre Chloe scenes in July too. 

Reading this Kevin revenge on Nick. Um, if it weren't for Nick, Chloe would be in jail for 'killing' Adam. Nelsea's snooping allowed for Kevin, Chloe, and Bella to be together with TGVN's protection, no less. Just weird. 

• Members

The show will never be the way it was, it hasn't really been the same shoe since the late 90s...but at least in the early to mid 2000s, it still resembled the shoe of old..just a more faster paced version of it.

I'm still curious to see where the stories will be by the end of October when Mal takes over.  It seems like the Graham story is finally getting some focus and I'll wonder how the Alice and sex ring story will progress in the next few weeks.  At least Sharon is focusing on something other then a man for the most part.

Jill, we have to accept will never be back full time...so I say when Jess walt9n is available...to just film all her scenes in a block and edit them in.  That way her presence will matter and make more impact.  It's funny that Jill not being on is a noticeable void..but if Jack or Victor were absent..itbwouldnt be that noticeable.  Shows that the show put their eggs in the wrong basket.  Bill bell and kay Alden knew Jill was important hence her dominant presence till the mid 2000s.

• Members

I had to laugh at stupid ass Billy and Victoria loudly talking about Billy breaking the law, in the building owned by the company they're stealing information from, in a room that's not locked that Victor conveniently can listen at the door unnoticed. Hilarious.

• Members

The whole scene between Victoria and Billy was so clumsy and stupid it's both hilarious and sad.  It was just another way to insert Victor into yet another story (this seems strangely similar to how Victor was being utilized before SS took the writing reigns) by making supposedly intelligent, business-savy Victoria a needy little girl who needs her Daddy to intervene and fix her company.

So between Dina having nightmares about Brent Davis and Graham is insinuating that Ashley is illegitimate ("I'm no bastard, Ashley" sic), I wonder whether Davis was already married himself when he and Dina had an affair and perhaps he abandoned a wife and child to pursue Dina. Dina assumes that Graham has no idea who Ashley's bio-dad is but perhaps Graham's mother might have told him all before he stalked Dina. *shrugs*  I still don't see many future possibilities for the Graham character.

Archived