Sign in to follow this  
Bright Eyes

Film Awards Thread

A lot of people seem to love Rami Malek (although I'm not sure how many will forget his middling response to the Singer situation) but I will be surprised if he actually wins. It's too much of a hot potato, especially when they have someone like Christian Bale giving the type of performance they frequently reward. 

Edited by DRW50

On 2/2/2019 at 9:52 PM, DRW50 said:

A lot of people seem to love Rami Malek (although I'm not sure how many will forget his middling response to the Singer situation) but I will be surprised if he actually wins. It's too much of a hot potato, especially when they have someone like Christian Bale giving the type of performance they frequently reward. 

I'm kind of shocked to see Bohemian Rhapsody(and Green Book) getting all these awards and nominations when the film was critically panned.  I thought that the association with Brian Singer post #MeToo would have prevented that. 

48 minutes ago, lovely_m said:

I'm kind of shocked to see Bohemian Rhapsody(and Green Book) getting all these awards and nominations when the film was critically panned.  I thought that the association with Brian Singer post #MeToo would have prevented that. 

It's nice to see you here. It's been a long while. 

I'm not shocked.  Elizabeth Taylor won an Academy Award for a movie ("Butterfield 8") that everyone and his cousin agreed was a hot, steaming pile of garbage.  Of course, her almost dying arguably had a lot to do with it.

16 hours ago, DRW50 said:

It's nice to see you here. It's been a long while. 

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, Khan said:

I'm not shocked.  Elizabeth Taylor won an Academy Award for a movie ("Butterfield 8") that everyone and his cousin agreed was a hot, steaming pile of garbage.  Of course, her almost dying arguably had a lot to do with it.

As terrible as it sounds, I always thought that was why Heath Ledger dying is the main reason he won.

1 hour ago, Khan said:

Including Liz herself apparently.....