Film Awards Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Who cares about the Oscars. The real winners were announced yesterday....  

Please register in order to view this content

2018 Razzie Award Winners:

Worst Picture: "The Emoji Movie"

Worst Director: Tony Leondis - "The Emoji Movie"

Worst Actress: Tyler Perry - "BOO! 2: A Madea Halloween"

Worst Actor: Tom Cruise - "The Mummy"

Worst Supporting Actress: Kim Basinger - "Fifty Shades Darker"

Worst Supporting Actor: Mel Gibson - "Daddy's Home 2"

Worst Screen Combo: Any Two Obnoxious Emojis - "The Emoji Movie"

Worst Screenplay: "The Emoji Movie"

Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel: "Fifty Shades Darker"

• Administrator

So the acting categories are pretty much set though I wonder if there will be at least one upset.   3 Billboards and Shape Of Water are the two leading for Best Picture - can Get Out catch them down the stretch?  Guillermo Del Toro is in the lead for Best Director with Jordan Peele behind him.  

• Members

They're mostly wonderful nominees, so I'm actually invested this year. But I would especially be happy for Get Out, CMBYN, The Shape of Water and yes, Three Billboards, which I thought was excellent. The social media hue and cry over it is so forced.

CMBYN and The Florida Project both deserve more than they'll get. Timothee Chalamet should win but they'll give it to Oldman for that lame biopic. Laurie Metcalf should and will win, but otherwise Lady Bird is just another quirky white indie like the 200 others the Oscars have awarded.

• Members

Generic but not off base:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/03/04/academy-awards-oscars-politics-partisan-hack-217219?lo=ap_d1

Some cheap shots but I did laugh at the "Loheta" 

I might tape and then watch if Laurie Metcalf or Allison Janney win. I don't really care about the rest. It will be interesting to see the backlash if Gary Oldman wins as it will yet again show just how hollow the "Me Too" movement is in Hollywood.

• Members

The run of show:

I’ll watch, but I’m not that invested this year. I did enjoy Get Out (and thought Catherine Keener deserved a supporting nod for the therapy/hypnosis scene alone), but I wasn’t blown away by it.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Ugh! I am so sick of him. He looks ridiculous wearing it. Who the hell invited him to the Oscars?

So is Ryan only interviewing singers? I haven't seen him interview actors minus MJB.

Brad Goreski is so out there but he sure has a nice bod.

• Members

I think he looks pretty good (it would be another story if he went shirtless or other such tackiness).

It is very Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

I love '80s chic and style and entertainment. I feel like we've been stuck in the '80s for a good while now (especially with Trump...) so I will take any good imagery we can get as we hurtle toward hell.

• Members

Totally. Disney has too much riding on the American Idol reboot at this point, so they’re like, “Nothing to see here...moving right along...”

I love a white tux, but not sure how I feel about this:

Edited by Faulkner