Film Awards Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have a very sick feeling in my stomach that, at some point, there is going to be a HUGE, male-driven backlash against the #metoo/#timesup movement.  Men are going to take only so many knees to the groin before they've had enough.

• Members

Having another bad day? Sorry to hear that!

Totally agree with this. The male actors were either brooding during it or tuning out. Then when the audience gave   the grand dam O a standing ovation ...some men took a while to stand up for it.

I love what Ann Curry had to say about this.....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ann-curry-media-wont-change-glass-ceiling-is-broken-1072021

• Members

Love this part of the Ann Curry article:

She also discussed the current atmosphere of animosity toward journalism. "I wish that journalists would stop making themselves so vulnerable to this attack," she said. "What we should do is put our heads down and do the work."

• Members

To be fair though, Gayle and Oprah have been friends since the 70s, I think.  Before Oprah was ever on The Oprah Winfrey show. 

I mean, Oprah's middle name is Gail, for Pete's sake 

Please register in order to view this content

I've just learned to accept that they are inextricably linked at this point, especially after Gayle is divorced from her cheating hubby.

• Members

Which is especially odd since Rose got the boot way before Lauer. They could've kept going along with no announcements and it would've been fine but I have to remember that this is CBS...and Les Moonves

Here's the inevitable anti-Me Too backlash but probably not from where most people would expect.

Edited by DramatistDreamer