Days actress leaving

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Morgan only signed short term. They shouldnt have made her Anjelica

What if they had made her that woman Justin had the affair with that caused his last divorce with Adrienne???

Also is Alex coming back that his Mom is dead. There were rumors Days cast the role

• Webmaster

I don't like Ron's DAYS, just like I didn't like his GH. He writes for kicks instead of fleshed out storytelling. He wants to be your friend, but throws a tantrum when you disagree with him. I don't want to see that in daytime. Write to write. Do not write because you think viewers will laugh at your unfunny joke.

On the topic at hand, Fairchild was terribly cast as Anjelica. The character could have been used in plenty of ways like she was way back when. She should have been given a good story. Not some campy mess, regardless of who was head writer this year. Unfortunately, no daytime writer today writes because they think soaps are any good. They write what they do to meet the stereotype most of the world has on the genre. Camp and outrageousness may work from time to time when the story itself dictates, but not every episode. Morgan Fairchild, Judi Evans and Deidre Hall deserve better. A better pen could have put them in a storyline together without all this nonsense. AND they could have thrown a few laughs in there to boot. Sadly, that didn't happen.

End rant.

• Members

Well said Errol! He's a petulant child. Look what he did to Sean Kanan for speaking about the writing for AJ. Fat jokes thrown in about Sean, AJ even more the verbal punching bag than usual and so on. I hated Ron's GH and I hated most of his OLTL too(I remember when that was an unpopular opinion on this board lol)

• Members

I think Ron's messy camp suits DAYS better, so I'm willing to give him time, but I hated his GH towards the end (not in the beginning, though). His OLTL also pulled me in initially but towards the end, it too was a flaming hot pile of garbage for the most part. So I'm aware of what to expect. But he was also a fanboy of those soaps, he isn't with DAYS and Sheri Anderson is with him, so I feel slightly better. But we'll see.

Personally I found his OLTL overrated for the most part. I kinda can't wait to see the day the DAYS fans turn on Ron and he has a meltdown on Twitter. It's inevitable, I just know it is.

• Members

i truly feel like many soap fans are perpetually trapped in the past and stay having a nostalgic view of "soaps in the past"  that permanently clouds their judgment. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

With this being his third show..i wish he had someone on the staff to reign him in..someone to balance out his tendency to go all camp with little to not substance.  I was hoping Sheri A would be that...but she's still hung up on the John and Marlena thing.

• Members

Honestly i think Rons humor and camp are welcome. It was so dark under Higley and Griffith. Its only been a month i want to see how it develops. I didnt mind Angelicas killing honestly it worked in context of story. Who knows Denas original plan for Angelica but i bet it wasnt much. Dena does not know how to structure story well. She has ideas but they never really develop. She always needed a strong co head writer.

Archived