GH: Actor Fired

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SMH.

I didn't care for the actor, but scrapping the character of Dillon is stupid. 

At this point, I feel like GH might as well get rid of all the Qs. Monica barely gets air time, and Ned pops up every blue moon. While I love the Qs, I'd rather them be written off instead of being backburned to eternity. 

• Members

I keep hearing about how expensive Steve is while folks ignore, Howarth, Staff, Easton and Devry.  Four people who have no place on GH and 3 have failed miserably while the other just happens to be a stan friendly couple!

Frank made sure Howarth, Staff and Easton kept their jobs while sacrificing all else.  Hopefully, Miller, who ALWAYS looks like he's rather be anywhere else, has only signed on just long enough to finish this story.  No need to keep him.  

• Members

All these shows have to realize that putting all their eggs on one or a small group of actors is not the answer

They dropped Hayden who was a Webber

They are dropping RPW and not sure if recasting Dillon is happening 

These shows need history, not just a gaggle of newbies

• Members

All the soaps are doing it now, and have for years now.  They pick who they believe is THE star and run with it.  I'm sure Corday's left nut still aches over Christian. Their favs are not necessarily viewers' favs so EPs force it til viewers either accept or move on.  

Look at Adam Newman?  He dominated the show, especially with MM in the role.  MM overestimated himself and thought he could grab 18 year old tits and keep his job.  YR survived long before AN and will continue should they find a suitable regime (Young will fail too).  Burton can't save GH.  Only ABC can but they've show they have no desire.

Days seems to be the only one valuing the old as well as the new.  

• Members

I wish RPW the very best.  No matter how anyone felt about his performance as Dillon, I don't care if it is a major actor or a person who scrubs the toilet, I am NEVER happy to hear about a person suddenly losing their job.  Did they REALLY have to do it that way, without notice or warning?  I fully realize that soaps are businesses, and businesses, like people, will make brilliant moves at times, and other times, moves so stupid that they utterly defy logic.  I don't know why, and of course this is pure speculation on my part, but I don't think this latest move is Valentini at work.  I think this must be the network making cost cuts.  No matter who has the title of EP, even they aren't really the boss.

Archived