Sign in to follow this  
Roman

NBC Also Rebooting Miami Vice

Roman   
43 minutes ago, Wendy said:

OMG, stop with the effing reboots and remakes already.

I honestly don't think they care. 4 networks and the only original scripted programming is on the cable networks. Remember the reboot of Ironside? one of the very worse. 

Wendy   
8 minutes ago, Roman said:

I honestly don't think they care. 4 networks and the only original scripted programming is on the cable networks. Remember the reboot of Ironside? one of the very worse. 

I'm not into cursing and nudity for nudity's sake or whatever, but the broadcast networks will be forever hamstrung by FCC rules that don't apply to streaming and cable and, thus, they can never compete. Hence going back to the "old show" well, at a time when broadcast was all there was.

The trouble is, while people have fond memories of those shows, they had their time and it's done, and competition is varied now.

The FCC needs to either loosen broadcast restrictions or hire folks that have creative workarounds so that broadcast can still have a stake in the TV game. As of right now, reboot mania is proof that originality is dead.

What's next, Zombie Golden Girls, as NBC digs up the corpses of Arthur, Getty, and McLanahan with Betty White as the sole surviving human? (I probably shouldn't have given NBC the idea. Oops!)

Roman   
40 minutes ago, Wendy said:

I'm not into cursing and nudity for nudity's sake or whatever, but the broadcast networks will be forever hamstrung by FCC rules that don't apply to streaming and cable and, thus, they can never compete. Hence going back to the "old show" well, at a time when broadcast was all there was.

The trouble is, while people have fond memories of those shows, they had their time and it's done, and competition is varied now.

The FCC needs to either loosen broadcast restrictions or hire folks that have creative workarounds so that broadcast can still have a stake in the TV game. As of right now, reboot mania is proof that originality is dead.

What's next, Zombie Golden Girls, as NBC digs up the corpses of Arthur, Getty, and McLanahan with Betty White as the sole surviving human? (I probably shouldn't have given NBC the idea. Oops!)

you spoke that GG idea too soon. we have people working on that now......keep that under your hat please.