Vizion

Y&R: Sally Sussman Speaks!!!

7 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Lawd...everyone on this board knew that from day one without spoilers...what awful predictable writing from Sally.

We know. You never liked her ;)

13 minutes ago, RavenWhitney said:

Her answers are so full of holes.  Jamey Giddens is a hack, promoting alternate realities.  Please.  CBS and Sony force MAB to have Hamner and Sheffer to craft the beats of the stories.  SSM had available Esser, Slater, Alden and long time writers who've worked with the best, Conforti (with Curlee and Long and Guza), Beldner who grew up at Agnes Nixon's knees.  She didn't retire. She was forced out because she continued to make crap up willy nilly.  All I can figure is that Pratt had a quick out clause and took advantage of it and the network and Sony were stuck bringing her in fast.  Also, her statement that she hadn't watched the show in ten years is absurd. Giddens himself reported that Sally was a finalist before Pratt was hired a few years ago.  Why would any of the brass agreed to consider her then or in September if she hadn't watched the show and had no pitch.  Hooey.  Bye, bye.  She was so busy promoting her film she thought she could phone it in at Y&R and, instead, she now holds the crown for shortest head writer stint of this venerable show.  But McDaniel, who doesn't seem qualified to produce a college musical, needs to go if she was behind this.

All of this. 

And perhaps we're harder on Sally because this board specifically caught a big attitude if you dared to criticize Sally or her Y&R. I was specifically told after I said the show was boring and aimless that "I must not be familiar with classic Y&R" and "I need to go back and watch Bill Bell". 

Ok. 

And it also sucks that she's left a bit of a mess.  Some stories have potential like Tessa/Mariah and maybe he can save the Dina stuff but the rest? All these useless new characters along with horrible stories like the sex trafficking nonsense centered on three newbies (Tessa, Zack, Crystal), SMH

Edited by Vizion

5 minutes ago, Khan said:

No, I think her heart WAS into it.  I think Sally really wanted the job or else she would have stayed busy with her documentaries.  But I also think Sally just can't bring herself to admit that that was the best she could ever do as HW for Y&R; and instead of saying, "You know what, I totally misjudged my ability to write this show solo," she's devised all these excuses to camouflage the fact that she just plain stunk at the job.  (A fact, by the way, most who had seen her work on other shows knew from day one.)

+1

15 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

+1

If she wasn't ready for the job then she should have turned it down. Plain and simple!

And her Generations sucked and she was prepared then!  Lawd what a HACK!!

Would you turn down a job you'd probably have wanted for a long time? No. Didn't think so.

Not a hack. She's just lackluster.

1 minute ago, Soapsuds said:

img_4836-990x716.jpg

tenor.gif

And didn't I have cause:P  She had everyone fooled!!

No. You didn't give her a chance from the word go :P

6 minutes ago, Khan said:

My guess?  No one else was eager to take the job.  Which might explain why Mal Young is now the HW.

I agree. Many don't want the HW position anymore because of all the crap and interference. And thank you for being sane and reasonable Khan, I've agreed with all of your posts in this thread.

Sally wasn't a hack. A hack is someone who decimates the show. A hack would be Dena Higley, MAB, Charles Pratt ...

3 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Would you turn down a job you'd probably have wanted for a long time? No. Didn't think so.

Turn down the headwriting gig at the #1 daytime show? A gig that's high-paying as well?

1 minute ago, KMan101 said:

Sally wasn't a hack. A hack is someone who decimates the show. A hack would be Dena Higley, MAB, Charles Pratt ...

If we're calling everyone a hack now, what will we call the hacks? We need a new word for them :lol:

Most of not all of Sally's newbie characters will be gone....Tessa, Ravi, Gloria, Reed and Lauren's son....who has been boring since day 1 and has had his background changed so many times cause Sally was clueless...

1 minute ago, YRBB said:

Turn down the headwriting gig at the #1 daytime show? A gig that's high-paying as well?

If we're calling everyone a hack now, what will we call the hacks? We need a new word for them :lol:

I guess hack is the new word for "I didn't like them" lol

Exactly, why would she have turned down the job?

Just now, Soapsuds said:

Most of not all of Sally's newbie characters will be gone....Tessa, Ravi, Gloria, Reed and Lauren's son....who has been boring since day 1 and has had his background changed so many times cause Sally was clueless...

I hope also Jordan, the Lane twins, Graham, Zach....buh bye. 

Just now, Soapsuds said:

You hope. lol. Who's to say Mal wasn't behind them? Who's to say he doesn't love Gloria? Reed and Tessa? Scott? I agree they're lackluster but you have no idea what Mal will do.

This thread is a hot mess.

They are Keeping Reed Tessa. The Tessa Mariah Story will continue

They need a new actor for Scott

according to Giddens, the actor playing Ravi was offered a contract at YR but his management said no

So YR didnt wanan write for someone who may bolt for a new show