• Members

I could buy not watching a series after leaving it.  Even the Lechowicks said they never watched KNOTS LANDING once they had moved on.  But Sally's husband works at the damn show.  You mean to tell me you don't have a clue as to what's going on in the story, not even through your husband?

Moreover, I'm sorry, but I don't buy her "I just made up stuff for Michael Logan" explanation.  I mean, I'm sure that because of her brother's death, her mind wasn't really on any interviews.  However, I think she had some definite ideas for the show going in, but just refuses to admit she wrote a whole bunch of checks with her mouth that she ultimately couldn't cash.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF?  Sally sure is one awful hack writer. She made up all the storylines? Again WTF?  How about canceling the interview until much later when you are up to it and you have material you are actually going to write?? What a hack lying writer she is. I am so glad she is gone!

• Members

Very true...i think she should have turned the job down because her focus and heart wasn't into It.

I recall when the AMC reboot wa getting done, they hired that headquarter MarDar...who never watched the show..and only had a short window of time...yet did decently considering the short time frame and lack of knowledge of the shoe...course she had Agnes Nixon and I gather she listened to her.  I don't think Kay Alden as listened to or used as much...imho.

With that said...at least the show has some viable plotlines that Mal Young can take over and give some oomph to.

• Members

Wow, what a disastrous interview for all involved with Y&R. I agree that it definitively proves that CBS holds the show in very low esteem. I wonder what happened after Pratt left to force them to make such a hasty decision to hire SS without a long term plan.

• Members

No, I think her heart WAS into it.  I think Sally really wanted the job or else she would have stayed busy with her documentaries.  But I also think Sally just can't bring herself to admit that that was the best she could ever do as HW for Y&R; and instead of saying, "You know what, I totally misjudged my ability to write this show solo," she's devised all these excuses to camouflage the fact that she just plain stunk.  (A fact, by the way, most who had seen her work on other shows knew from day one.)

• Members

Her answers are so full of holes.  Jamey Giddens is a hack, promoting alternate realities.  Please.  CBS and Sony force MAB to have Hamner and Sheffer to craft the beats of the stories.  SSM had available Esser, Slater, Alden and long time writers who've worked with the best, Conforti (with Curlee and Long and Guza), Beldner who grew up at Agnes Nixon's knees.  She didn't retire. She was forced out because she continued to make crap up willy nilly.  All I can figure is that Pratt had a quick out clause and took advantage of it and the network and Sony were stuck bringing her in fast.  Also, her statement that she hadn't watched the show in several years is absurd. Giddens himself reported that Sally was a finalist before Pratt was hired a few years ago.  But if it's true, why accept the job, why stay when grieving and in despair?  Take a leave of absence.  Why would any of the brass agreed to consider her then or in September if she hadn't watched the show and had no pitch.  Hooey.  Bye, bye.  She was so busy promoting her film she thought she could phone it in at Y&R and, instead, she now holds the crown for shortest head writer stint of this venerable show.  But McDaniel, who doesn't seem qualified to produce a college musical, needs to go if she was behind this.

Archived