GSGfan2017

Licensed music and daytime soap operas

Wendy   
29 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

I remember Soap Super couple's had their own "songs" in the 80's. I can't remember Bo & Hope's argh

"Tonight, I Celebrate My Love For You" by Roberta Flack and...I think the guy was Peabo Bryson.

teplin   
On 8/7/2017 at 1:29 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

Whitney Houston and Jermaine Jackson actually performed the duet on As The World Turns. 

Another Whitney-Jermaine duet was licensed by Another World. "If You Say My Eyes are Beautiful" was Cass & Kathleen's theme.

1 hour ago, Cheap21 said:

Port Charles literally named their storylines after licensed songs

Degrassi TNG did this (80s & 90s songs) although it looks as though they only use music from local Canadian artists in their actual episodes.

33 minutes ago, teplin said:

Another Whitney-Jermaine duet was licensed by Another World. "If You Say My Eyes are Beautiful" was Cass & Kathleen's theme.

ATWT also used the same song for Tom & Margo Hughes' signature song.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

2 hours ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

We're people really upset about them using the score from Prince of Tides? I thought it was beautiful and it worked on me. It had me in tears. 

Maybe upset is an overstatement, but there were at least a few posters here who questioned it and said that it was an example of them trying too hard for false emotion.

1 hour ago, All My Shadows said:

Maybe upset is an overstatement, but there were at least a few posters here who questioned it and said that it was an example of them trying too hard for false emotion.

Oh OK. 

I personally thought that the score fit the scene well, but I can get older school fans wishing that they would've used the original score of ATWT in its place.