Y&R: Victoria Spoiler

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gina is almost 44 and Michelle is 51. Btw Wendy never won an emmy as Dinah and Gina won two. They were both great just different.

Ginas 2006 emmy reel.as Dinah WOW is all ill say. The reel that won her the first emmy. Shes fabulous. Shes three time emmy winner Gina Tognoni.

• Members

She's already signed a new contract. 

I loved Wendy. I don't think she was a superior Dinah but that was mainly because once Cassie entered the picture there was a real real disservice done to her and the writing for Dinah. 

The edge with Phyllis is an issue, but it's a writing issue. It was one of the reasons Michelle left, she was sicking of doing nothing and just nursing Jack and felt Phyllis had been written well or true to form in a while.  

I don't really think Mal is the one to get back to that, but I guess we'll see. 

Also and not for nothing but Dinah was and always will be superior character to Phyllis.  Phyllis hasn't been written well in about 10-15 years. 

• Members

I dont see any Kelly Cramer in Phyllis. U mean the spunky pink hair and her jamming out to Green Day is now Phyllis that makes no sense lol. Gina started as Kelly in 1995 at 21. She started as Dinah at 30. Dinah was more raw had alot less sophistication then phyllis. Gina is almost 44 now. God shes so mature now. Her acting has grown and she has had huge longivity in this biz with 3 different roles on daytime. Lightening really strikes twice much less 3 times.

• Members

I remember years back Gina Tognoni was reported to take over the role of Victoria and I can see why and she should have. She would have been a better Victoria then the Phyllis character. There was a lot of hype her being interviewed for the role and then it was taken back and me and a few others couldn't understand why?

Let's face it MS was better at the role and did evil better. GT when she tries to do an evil Phyllis or a mean Phyllis she can seem over the top when acting (the Marco s/l which to me I don't care what Emmy she got for it, she came off over the top and not natural)  where for MS it came natural.

Gina is a great actress just not Phyllis to me. She is still manipulative, insecure and calculating just not the same as when MS was in the role, she owned the role, IMO of course.

Gina is a heavily watered down version of Phyllis although we know what she is capable of their have and keep trying to water her down.

• Members

Even if you hired Meryl Streep to play Phyllis, she would be miscast. What I mean is that even if you take a powerhouse actress, it does not mean she will automatically fit any part.

It also doesn't help that for some reason, the character of Phyllis happened to overlap with her portrayer, La Stafford. Maybe I'm biased, but you couldn't quite tell where the actress ended and the character began. Everyone is replaceable, but some people are a bit harder to replace.

• Members

agree w/ this so much. I also agree with the peeps that said it's obvious GT's bored... and I think that goes for the majority of the cast, most notably Kristoff St. John and Sharon Case 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I love GT and enjoy her every scene, but she shouldn't be Phyllis. She is too young. And too likeable. But she is the best thing that could happen to the character, if that makes sense. 

MS's Phyllis should have been written out many years ago. The triangle with Jack and Diane would be better with Lauren and the affair with Nick ruined everyone involved in the story. 

• Members

Sharon Case doesn't looked bored to me on-screen, even if she is, she doesn't phone it in like some. I think people find what Sharon's doing boring and think the actor is bored. I'm sure she'd like to stretch her chops and have something meaty but Sharon needed this reset. I hope it's not thrown out the window.

And I agree on Tognoni. She has Victoria written all over. She was miscast as Phyllis from the start and that's NOT a knock on Tognoni. She's great when given the material. She acts like she's butch to play Phyllis and it doesn't work for me.

Archived