GH: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

In your mind, juniorz1, the producer in question was Jill Farren Phelps, right?  A Martinez began appearing as Roy on GH in October 1999.  JFP didn't begin working on GH until January 2001 or so.  No offense, juniorz1, but A has still thought very highly of JFP.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about. When JFP took over Roy became a much, much bigger character on GH because she decided to make A Martinez the star of the show. He flopped and was fired the following year while JFP's power was demoted.

They give him exactly what he wants.

• Members

I agree, Antoyne. Honestly, I find the long rants about Jonnysbro worse than his posts. I don't mind posters calling him out for his ridiculous posts, but long rants asking he be banned??? Forget it.

i get major laughs from Jonny's posts. Just reading that some writer is a gem and is adored cracks me up.

• Members

No, he should be banned. And anyone who continues to engage with his posts and clogs threads should get warned.

Yeah, go ahead, act like I'm being mean for saying it, I don't give a fùck. Nobody cares about you trying to look cool clapping back at the board troll for the 100th time. It's not fun or smart or interesting. It's a waste of space. All you're doing is giving him what he wants. He should be banned and anyone who enables him can go next.

• Members

No one's trying to "look cool" by clapping back at him.

And this post gives him just as much attention as any one of us replying to him.

I'm guilty of it but don't care if anyone doesn't like it. I have him on ignore but you can see his posts on the side, people still quote him. I ignored it for a while.

And to the person who thinks it's amusing, it really isn't.

• Webmaster

I don't like banning people. I don't' like message boards very much either, so grow the hell up people. Ignore each other. Not everyone you see in life are you going to like, and they are even very annoying people. You can't kill them, or shoo them away. But you can ignore them. Do the same on a message board. 

• Webmaster

I know some people on here can be a handful. I know that even if you ignore those people, others may respond to their posts or even quote said posts. I can't stop them from doing that. But at the same time, while people can be overtly passionate about something and their view differs from someone else's, all I can ask is you ignore them as much as possible. I know it's hard. But that's what has to be done. Unless someone threatens physical harm to another, harasses them in public and/or private (with evidence) or shows the personality of Sheila Carter or someone like that in real life there's not much else that can be done about them.

Being annoying, or just them, isn't worth fighting over.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm not taking sides. I don't favor one over another. I'd like to see these message boards continue to thrive as it's done for more than a decade (almost two). It can't happen if there is constant bickering over what one poster says.

Archived