GH: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok I've kept out of this because it's so damn ridiculous but you SLIPPED up JONNYSBRO.  You have made this exact same post under your JONNYSBRO profile in another thread.  I don't know what exactly you think you are contributing here but you now have 2 accounts posting the exact same JPiss garbage.  This needs to end. Seriously.   It's wreaking havoc all over the board.

Toups please elevate me to moderator for the day so I can ban these 2 profiles once and for all.  The entire community shouldn't have to put 2 PROFILES (one person) on IGNORE!!

• Members

Here's a little tidbit from Jonny

from 2007

Jean Passanante needs to be let go from ATWT. Her writing is so dull and boring. Anyways Jean Passnante's celebrated six years with ATWT last month. She started as co-head writer in September 2001 and was co-head writer until May 2005. She replaced Hogan Sheffer in May and has been head writer for close to two and half years. Can anyone believe this woman has lasted as long as she has? The funny thing about Jean Passanante is she has always had a job for about 16 years in daytime. She started her career at OLTL in 1991 in various positions and was promoted to co-head writer at one point. She left OLTL in 1998 to go to AW to finish it's last year out. Then she was with AMC for about two years from 1999-2001. Now she has been at ATWT for six years. Goutman loves her apparently but IMO it is time to make a change. Can anyone believe this woman has lasted this long on ATWT? Six years is a long time.

• Members

As i have said before Jerry and I are not the same person. I already confirmed my identity with Toups. Why would i create 2 accounts to potentially get banned? I am not stupid and know toups could see from ip address or state. After all these years i suddently decided to make 2 accounts YEAH RIGHT.

• Members

There's no way you two aren't the same. And if someone really is making it a game to impersonate Jonny it's stupid, not original and it's distracting. But funny how you two post nearly right after each other.

And funny how Jonny wanted Jean gone from ATWT. It goes to show what a troll he is. This is just sad.

• Members

I really can't tell whether you're stupid or not, since I have (thankfully) never met you in real life. What I do know however is that you're extremely annoying and boring. The only thing more boring than your endless posts about Jean and Shelly is their writing for GH.

Maybe that's why you're such a fan. You have finally found someone whose writing is even more repetitive and boring than your own!

• Members

Jean is retired and enjoying her life. She is a tough italian woman. She is adored and beloved by all. What a career. In fact the daytime emmys should give her a life time achievement award.

Onto Shelly Altman why i love this woman. She has such experience, her staff adores her and she gets the daytime genre. Its her time to shine now. She is going into her third year as head writer for GH. Shes clearly doing something right.

• Members

And what's so awful and counter-productive about calling you out is that it bestows upon you the attention you're so pathetically craving.  At least the Marcy Walker guy has a clear, diagnosed issue and isn't committing his faux pas to antagonize and annoy.

The fact that this has been allowed to go on for as long as it has makes me seriously question the admin at this board.  There is no justification for it and they are as much to blame as Jonny & his alter Jerry.  Probably moreso if I'm being honest.

• Members

I think he would have fared better with solid writing.  However, of all the soap roles he's had post-Santa Barbara, I think his GH role was the one that could and should have worked- the character had potential as a 21st century soap vehicle for him.  I don't feel his roles on DAYS on OLTL had that same potential (and the DAYS situation is a real shame because he should have fit right in over there as Rafe's father).

As for the comparison to Marcy Walker's situation on GL, I think they're virtually identical- he was brought on to the show for his name and the publicity (by the same producer who brought Marcy to GL) but nobody had a solid plan as to what they were going to do with him or his character once he arrived.  It's a shame because he really could have worked as Roy on GH.

Archived