GH: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Apologies if this has been posted in the past week. (I searched but didn't see anything.)

I just saw this TV Guide article from last Wednesday with the exciting news that at long last Genie Francis is returning to GH for the 1st time since 2013. The author of this amazing bit of reporting bases it on a Valentini tweet, which is included in the article. Besides not fact checking her piece, the author apparently didn't bother to notice that the tweet is dated "Apr 29, 2015".

http://www.tvguide.com/news/genie-francis-returning-to-general-hospital/

I miss the days when TV Guide wasn't a joke. That was a long, long time ago. Still, this made me laugh as I sit here in Houston trying to avoid all the current flooding, so it served a useful purpose.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just watched today's nightmare AKA Franko's tale of twin/imaginary friend/does anyone really give two s*it's about this story?

Stop wasting Rebecca Herbst's time with RoHo and give her a valid romance

Alexis eyeing the bottle at the Metrocourt....   Here's a thought, let's not have her blubbering over the Weasel, show her being strong, and give her a story to sink her teeth into, not this crap story of pining for Jillian.

One month later, but they followed up that Lee Baldwin signed over his PC offices to Lucy Coe for her Real Estate Business.In a heartfelt letter, he reminded viewers of the selfless move that Lucy made for Dominique and Scott, carrying Serena. Thanked her for all the joy Serena had brought into his life. Whoever penned the letter portion did  a nice job not only letting new viewers know about the history, but also was a nice nod to the kind of character that Lee Baldwin was.

The Valerie /Kristina kiss (just for Parker's benefit) came off natural,  and Parker's jealousy well,  No f*cks to give there

• Members

I miss JFP in a weird way. She shakes things up like no other EP. She knows talent and her productions are stellar and she gets big ratings bumps. I get it her last yesr at GH was horrid but alot of it was Frons. Honestly JFP stayed 2 to 3 years too long. She was EP for 11 years longest EP we have had. No other EP currently has JFP vision to shake things up its more status quo.

• Members

I totally miss JFP and not in a weird way at all.  I think Frank makes me miss her more than I should, however.  I didn't like JFP"s dislike for women over 40 while forgetting her own damn age!  But I like what she produced.  I liked GH's events.  I loved the aftermath.  I didn't love Alan's death and Georgie's death in unforgivable.  This is coming from someone who hated Georgie!  

Now we have yet another Stanco retcon to try again to legitimize that filth played by that no talent!

• Members

Chit if u look in a weird way how she shakes things up. At OLTL it hit number 1 demos in 99 and 00. Her big train craah, jessicas hit and run. Thats why she got GH. GH her fire, metro court were all fabulously produced. I love her taking risks ballsy approach to producing which none of the current EPs want to do. I know shes highly controversial and polazring but damn people were talking about the soaps she produced. YR lost almost a million viewers since she left to me says something. I dont think i would want Guza back with her. 

• Members

I mean, I agree the show LOOKED better under her. Frank and Jill are both problems in different ways.

Don't even get me started on Franco. And Jillian sticking around. And pathetic Alexis. And boring Nina. Wasting James Patrick Stuart.

Sigh.

• Members

I have said in the past that Lisa De Cazotte would be good for the EP job at GH. Gary Tomlin did a decent turn as EP for OLTL, but that was a pretty long time ago/  Or, what about Jennifer Pepperman, OLTL's last EP?  I don't dare dream that Wendy Riche would come back, but, if she did, my hope is that she'd bring Karen Harris as headwriter with her.

• Members

I just can't believe how colorless and drab GH looks these days -- just adding to the lack of energy everywhere.

Scenes that cry out for extras are underpopulated beyond belief. The hospital always looks empty....the magazine office is empty....scene after scene is devoid of lives and life.

When we see a scene with a lot of extras -- such as Kristina seeing Parker at the bar on lesbian night -- we know they've blown through the extras budget for at least a week.

Honestly,  Y&R deserves a special shoutout for using extras and making scenes look believable.

Archived