GH: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Mr. Guza is the answer to re-vitalize GH.  I feel he and Chuck Pratt come from the same school of thought:  create drama through destruction and violence.   Mr. Guza wrote a horrible Heather return, a horrible Rick Webber return, he killed Emily and Alan Quartermaine, and those are just a few things that I can think of off the top of my head.  For a writer that put in as much time at GH as he did, it was amazing to me how often he re-wrote history to fit his stories.  And since Mr. Guza did most, if not all of the horrible stories I mentioned under JFP's watch, I wouldn't be eager to see her return to GH, either.

• Members

Jill didn't have her pets? Lots of Guza's stories were offensive trash. No thanks. And I said I'd prefer Frank, SADLY, over Jill. Not that I want Frank to actually stay. I've said he's a problem. So is Varni. Frons was a problem too when he was running ABC Daytime.

Jill helped us get to the rotgut. She gutted the show. Frons gutted the show.

• Members

Not to mention Georgie , Tony, and Justus.  Guza/JFP were a wrecking ball together.  ValenVarni are worse, though, because they don't care anything except the budget.  Budig got dropped to help pay for Burton, and Watkins  is out to cover Devry's  "negotiations".  The overall look of the the show is cheap, and the stories stink. Valentini puts this crap on the air, and Varni runs around telling the world it's great.  The show needs an EP that gives a f*ck about the show, how it looks, and that ensures it's stories entertain and interest the viewers

• Wait a month and bring James DePaiva back as Dr. Jeff Webber. Dr. Bensch is a bust, if only for propping Kaka. Start over.
  • Lose the Parker angle of Kristina's story. The "Ick" factor of these two has already been discussed here.
  • It's obvious how little Howarth brings to the table. No one was screaming for his return.
  • How about a story between Dante and Lulu that does not involve a child?
  • "Man Landers" should be just about over by now.
  • Replenish the Quartermaine family. How about  a visit from Celia (Sherilyn Wolter) with kids. Maya Ward (recast) a doctor, Zoe Richardson, her step-sister, Rebecca Holt, Jimmy Lee's daughter?  Brooke Lynn? 
  • Drop Finn-no purpose without Hayden.
  • Keep Anna thriving in mysteries, keep Mac and Felicia in the mix with her.
  • When GF returns from vacation, continue to use her as Laura with actual story. She's been great lately.
  • Maura West's Ava came alive on Friday. 

Just a few suggestions that ValenVarni/Pissmelly wouldn't bother with.....

• Members

I'd love for them to deSORAS that girl and get little Hannah back (if she's available).  This current Joss is awful and making the character very unlikable.  When folks brag about how wonderful she is, I cringe.  Hannah played a brat to perfection, but she's actually talented so she will book lots of gigs.  A little Dakota Fanning!

• Members

If you don't like message boards (or running them) then appoint people to moderate/admin.    This isn't about not liking someone.   And though you say you don't like banning people, you have indeed banned people from SON in the past and for way less than this,.  Coming on here and telling us to grow the hell up because much of the community is disappointed that this board is no longer well moderated only validates what some of us were saying in the first place.

• Members

No offense, but asking folks to grow up was well warranted.  Jonny annoys people, so what?  Being a huge annoyance is not against any rules.  He/she is certainly not the only annoying person here. I'm sure I get on plenty nerves.  And why continue to harp on it?  Why can't we discuss what we want and ignore what does not interest us?  I don't get it.  

• Members

Exactly. But SON has never been very well moderated.

How many pages of people getting their 300th diss fix on the board troll and feeling smug for a few seconds in the middle of literally any unrelated discussion should the rest of us be expected to endure per month? Per year?

If this was any other forum he'd have been banned long ago.

Archived