Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's probably some truth that all network execs are wary - same with OLTL, which abrupted ended it's gay s/l, and was canceled a few months later. People forget the overwhelming majority of ad $$$ for soaps come from W25-54. And the majority of those women want to see heterosexual relationships. 

In the 80s, CBS was so worried about interracial Duncan/Jessica they had Jessica secretly pregnant and announced at wedding to nip the interracial children issue in bud. I remember reading a soap digest article about that strategy. 

I'm not that concerned about backlash here because CG has made this so organic. I only wish that Mariah hadn't been Cassified during past 2 years.

BTW - I'd like to see them make Massiah and Tessa as bi/heteroflexible. I want that Noah/Tessa/Cassie triangle. Let's see how Sharon handles that! 

Y&R's overall audience is full of old and extremely conservative folks so it will be interesting. I'm just surprised they kept it a secret. 

• Members

People are delusional.  Oh, I see now. For a minute I didn't fully understand their comment, but they mean can't straight people have one thing to ourselves. As if including other people takes something away from the rest of us somehow.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I was just thinking about various messageboards, I hadn't even thought about Facebook! 

Please register in order to view this content

I'll take a hard pass on that one, I still have bad memories of FB comments under CBS' Y&R player. Very ignorant comments posted daily. It made for a labor intensive viewing experience having to dodge the comments constantly.

Archived