Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hillary and Cane teaming up is the only interesting thing going right now. Jordan unfortunately is the weak link there. 0 chemistry with MM or CK. They're smart to sell Hilary's motivation as being more about him leaving her for Lilly than about actually wanting him because I'd never truly buy it.

Faith should have been SORASed. I'm sick of this ten year old brat being the shows leading ingenue

I still hate Tessa and her bad bangs. Making her bi and adding a useless prostitute sibling has done nothing to change that. The character has been handed a perfect life way too easily. She lives on the Newman ranch, has a record deal, a new boyfriend with a rich family that readily accepts her all in less than a year. I hate her character.

I'm so sick of Victoria being on every gotdamn day and this little medical mystery story she's got going is some of the dumbest garbage I've seen in a while. I do like her scenes with Neil though and the feud with Jack. They'd be smart to play that material up more instead of trying to make fetch happen with this Phyllis/Billy/Vicki triangle.

Jack and Nikki works on paper but onscreen its like two old bittys reconnecting. MTS brings the Bruce Jenner esque mannerisms out of PB. 

Please register in order to view this content

Its awkward to watch

Ravi and Ashley are also boring. Those love scenes at the cabin were gross, not because of age but because there is 0 sexual chemistry between the actors. I don't buy Ash being interested in him and he needs to be with the younger characters

Everything with Dina has been a nonstarter for me. I don't care about any of it.

Alice being back and behind the human traffic ring? YAWN

I hope Mal can turn this show around but I doubt. I'm only going to give him 2 months and if its the same crap I'm tuning out for good.

• Members

I like her more than most here and I still do not agree with it. Let's hope Sally is the one who decided to put her on this much.

What storyline? Are you talking about Phyllis trying to hang onto Billy? Not even being sarcastic, my attention wanders so much during the show I truly am not sure what you mean.

• Members

Her spastic gesticulations during her scenes with Lauren and Michael on Thursday's episode-- it all was just an odd display to watch. Came off as forced and OTT.

Yes, we all know that Phyllis is upset at Billy's commitment to BandS but all that gesturing, flailing and mean-mugging looked silly to me, IMO it just undercut the severity of what the character is supposed to be conveying to the viewers. 

Archived