Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Christine had an episode or two about the sex ring stuff lol. So technically she was involved

Please register in order to view this content

(yes I'm be snarky, she should have been used more and Paul was MIA for most of it as Sharon and Scott do his job for him, it's ridiculous)

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If there was a character TPTB cared about that worked in law enforcement, the police would have a bigger presence in this story. So instead of a semblance of realism, we get random characters TPTB want featured doing the job of the police. Instead of Paul, we get Scott, Sharon, Nick, Tessa, and Mariah. Notice who we don't get though. Very little Noah despite in centering his girlfriend, mother, and sister.  And no Devon despite it centering his girlfriend and his new employee whom he could not have a scene without when it was about his music business. Yet somehow, he's totally absent from their story. Ha! 

My interest in the show is so close to nil. 

• Members

Pratt ruined the show to the point at which i couldnt watch barely anyhthing but Jess and Mel. Jean and Shelly brought it back to basics more than amyone since MAB first year and before that Jack Smith. Jelly's ratings were on a clear up trajectory before Pratt took away any clear character motivation. I had hope for the show's future ca. September 2014-Jan. 2015. That's when Jean and Shelly hit their stride.

• Members

Y&R has been pre-empted most of the week here due to Hurricane Harvey coverage. When one scene was shown it was of Cane living it up in the Chancellor Mansion. That was the last draw for me as a viewer. There is no way Jill or Katherine would allow that scum in their home.

Archived