YRBB

Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

KMan101   

Christine had an episode or two about the sex ring stuff lol. So technically she was involved ;) (yes I'm be snarky, she should have been used more and Paul was MIA for most of it as Sharon and Scott do his job for him, it's ridiculous)

Edited by KMan101

7 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

Agreed, and Paul should be on a lot more, too. Again, do the story right or don't do it at all. Seeing that pimp walk into the GCPD and leave 40 seconds later with the jailed hookers made me realize no one cares about realism here.

You're just realizing that now??:lol: Y&R has been allergic to realism in their stories for about a decade now.

GMac   

LOL nothing to say about today's show, huh y'all?  Complete train wreck.  That's the only thing that describes the bullshit we saw today.

Vizion   
12 minutes ago, GMac said:

LOL nothing to say about today's show, huh y'all?  Complete train wreck.  That's the only thing that describes the bullshit we saw today.

Listen, the entire show is trash. I don't really have any opinion on any of it. None of it is good. All of it is terrible. That's it. 

25 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I guess I have a different definition of "trash", but no, it isn't good right now. I wouldn't use the word 'trash' though.

the past 10 years was trash, Pratt was TRASH

If there was a character TPTB cared about that worked in law enforcement, the police would have a bigger presence in this story. So instead of a semblance of realism, we get random characters TPTB want featured doing the job of the police. Instead of Paul, we get Scott, Sharon, Nick, Tessa, and Mariah. Notice who we don't get though. Very little Noah despite in centering his girlfriend, mother, and sister.  And no Devon despite it centering his girlfriend and his new employee whom he could not have a scene without when it was about his music business. Yet somehow, he's totally absent from their story. Ha! 

My interest in the show is so close to nil. 

Edited by ajsp35801

rlj   
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, DeeeDee said:

Where has Cricket been during this story? Her James Bond/Richard Engel nephew, one of her really close friends & the twin sister of a young girl she adored are meddling with a trafficking ring (something Cricket is extremely familiar with) yet Cricket is nowhere to be found?

Who's her really close friend?

Jerry675   
5 hours ago, JONNYSBRO said:

I would take Pratt over what i am currently seeing. I was much more entertained.

Pratt ruined the show to the point at which i couldnt watch barely anyhthing but Jess and Mel. Jean and Shelly brought it back to basics more than amyone since MAB first year and before that Jack Smith. Jelly's ratings were on a clear up trajectory before Pratt took away any clear character motivation. I had hope for the show's future ca. September 2014-Jan. 2015. That's when Jean and Shelly hit their stride.

GMac   

Is it me, or has everyone been wearing the same clothes all week?  

I'm going back to sleep now lol

Soapsuds   

Y&R has been pre-empted most of the week here due to Hurricane Harvey coverage. When one scene was shown it was of Cane living it up in the Chancellor Mansion. That was the last draw for me as a viewer. There is no way Jill or Katherine would allow that scum in their home.