Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

The show tainted her relationship with Jack last year. That's not an honest relationship. It'll always come across as her grooming him as her next victim. And her helping Juliet was not authentic or altruistic. It was her mustache twirling to hurt lily. So no, she's not complex. She's just a one note villain. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly as much as I like Mishael Morgan one of the issues I do find that sometimes I have no idea whether or not Hilary is being genuine. It feels like she lacks sincerity a lot of times and then I have zero clue what her real feelings are for a lot of people. 

And I agree that because of last year Jack often does come across like her potential next mark or victim. 

• Members

It's painful to watch.  The scenes with her and Cane were senseless and again made Hilary look like a simple evil bitch.  Jordan and Hilary weren't a great love match.  The writers never invested any time into establishing them and it makes no sense why Hilary wants him back so badly, apart from the fact he "left" her for Lily. 

• Members

Looks like she's in charge of the prostitutes. I'm guessing that she's playing Alice and not some other character.  Okay, the only thing that seems remotely intriguing is how Tamara and Camryn will interact with one another.

I'm also curious as to whether 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

You're right, Zack's connection is the only interesting thing. And having Alice show up just seems so haphazard. I can't imagine this was how the story was plotted out from the beginning. But I guess it's an ode to the past and many viewers love that sort of thing 

• Members

Where has Cricket been during this story? Her James Bond/Richard Engel nephew, one of her really close friends & the twin sister of a young girl she adored are meddling with a trafficking ring (something Cricket is extremely familiar with) yet Cricket is nowhere to be found?

• Members

Zach's connection might be interesting, but Zachary isn't, and neither is the actor playing him.

I admit I love it when actors from the past return, but I think they'd redeemed Alice before she left. I doubt we'll get a reason she's turned bad again.

Agreed, and Paul should be on a lot more, too. Again, do the story right or don't do it at all. Seeing that pimp walk into the GCPD and leave 40 seconds later with the jailed hookers made me realize no one cares about realism here.

Archived