Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I'm tired of Mal Young getting a pass for what we've seen on our screens. It's ridiculous l

I don't believe for a minute any negotiations with CK took place before aging the twins. She has no special authority or power on Y&R. I don't believe she's had a say in keeping men of color from having relationships with Lily, either.

• Members

Y'all already know that AA characters have to be "do-gooders" on soaps, which limits/marginalizes them as characters. I feel like writers fear giving us any material besides being "the best friend" or part of the town's Greek chorus. As a Black viewer, it annoys the sh-t out of me how one dimensional our characters have to be. Heaven forbid we do unsavory acts every blue moon to get ahead. At least they have Hilary embracing it and not being a "Mary-Sue" type character like Lily. It would be nice to see other characters of color get to have some fun being bad.

I've shouted from the rooftops how I wanted Devon to become a prick once he inherited that money from Kay. 

Neil has always been a do-gooder, so I don't expect any change with him, hence why I always preferred the fiery personalities of the Barbers/Winters clans (i.e. Malcolm and Dru). Even Olivia would let the flame out every now and then and showed you she was bit messy. Now all the Winters are righteous and we have no destructive or impulsive personalities in the family. 

Archived