DAYS: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember how they did the Samatha-Evans-kidnaps-Marlena-and-takes-over-her-life-in-Salem story way back in 1977. It was widely panned, poorly written (by Ann Marcus, another fan of camp) and not acted convincingly. Are we now to have another lookalike kidnapping Marlena (who's been abducted 7,987,362 times) and trying to take over her life? Personally, as someone who thinks ludicrous low-brow camp helped kill the soap opera genre in the first place, I say...no thanks. I'd rather watch reruns from 1976, LOL.

• Members

Just finished watching Friday's episode. I liked the Roman/Marlena/John/Kate mix with Andre coming in at the end. Yes, the story is over the top but if it allows these five vets to mix it up then I'm okay with it. 

I find Abby and Andre's friendship interesting. I hope Ron keeps that going. It kind of goes against what I would normally expect yet it works. 

Do Eric and Chloe have a romantic past? I found their scenes interesting. I haven't watched most of Chloe's time with the show so she doesn't annoy me like she seems to others. 

• Members

Considering the alternative is Hope/Rafe, I wish it were. 

I like that Lucas is getting more to do. I'm hoping he has a fling with Ann.  I'm hoping Eve comes back and makes a play for Justin.  Another thing Ron has done is make Claire immediately likable again.  She was written as so shrill for awhile there, which is why the audience seemed to turn on her. I hope it's not too late.

• Members

One of the things I like about Bonnie and Hattie is they are just enjoying themselves and reveling in the wealth.  I guess I just like seeing people having simple fun once in awhile. If I found myself in prison for a few years and then ended up with millions of dollars at my disposal, I'd be hitting the mini bar too.

I also like that the show has sidestepped having these characters rape their counterparts sexual partners. At least so far and I hope it stays that way.

• Members

I don't even count any of Andre's past doings before 2015. It's so convoluted, at this point, the person before was DeAndre or Phony, and Tony will pop up alive soon and it'll be revealed they were quadruplets whose mother also birthed Susan, Mary-Moira, Thomas & Penelope.

Side note: Catching up on the past few weeks... I wonder why Morgan Fairchild shifts herself around like she's 400 lbs? Whether she's walking or just dramatically turning, you'd think she was hauling around sacks of potatoes under her blouses. 

• Members

Same here. I like her overall.  They gave her some terrible material with keeping Nicole's baby from her, but if she's sticking around I'm hopeful she'll go in a better direction. As for Nicole, I'm ready for that character to take a nice long break. 

Anyway, I have no idea how Ron's run is going to pan out. All I know is that before I got to his material I had 15 episodes waiting on my DVR. Now I have one.  Watching doesn't feel like an annoying chore I keep putting off.

Archived