DAYS: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well that Joey reveal was a dud! I thought it wasn't very climactic as it was with Steve, Kayla, and Tripp but then walks in Joey and it sank. Seriously? His mom is being held in a hostage style situation and it all seems like...hey...shrugging of shoulders..it was me. We cool? 

I hope Ron can get this cast cleaned up to help his stories! The show needs all the help it can get and actors like Joey will get the show nowhere. 

• Members

+1

The acting was horrible by everyone. How did the actor playing Joey get this job? He is the worst actor I have seen. He makes Joshua Morrow look decent. He needs to be recast fast. SN was no better either. He was horrible and so was Tripp. I thought he was a good actor but he is just better than Joey and that's not saying much.

When is the new and improved Sonny coming out? I just can't anymore with this mobster Sonny Corrinthus wannabe black hair chubby dude.

• Members

I like the guy playing Tripp, but man he is an ugly crier. 

James Lastovic really needs to go now. How can you be this green and keep the job?  I know he's going, but come on already.

Xander came to town but didn't kill Deimos...Victor should give him Hell for wasting the fuel!   LOL

• Members

This whole Deimos murder thing is ridiculous. I'm so over it and I never cared to begin with. This is the story Ron SHOULD have wrapped up quickly. Maybe I'll see his reasoning down the road for dragging it out but for now I don't get it.

I'm so sick of Brady. I'd like a really long break from him. Nothing against Martsolf but Brady feels played out at this point and could use a break. I wish he were leaving with Nicole. And I wish Rafe would die a horrible death on duty, but thankfully he isn't on as much but the pairing with Hope is just awful.

I liked the Chabby stuff. A bit hard to digest because of the dreck Dena wrote but I'll overlook some of it. Gabi came off better but man she has been beyond annoying at the hospital, just lingering around all paranoid and jealous and confronting Andre about what he said to Chad, etc. Although I rolled my eyes as she cried on, of all people's JJ's shoulder about giving up Chad. Really bitch? JJ should have shoved her off and said it serves you right, LOL

I think the first week and half of Ron was better than this last week. I just haven't been as engaged. The lack of flow in episodes and the low episode guarantees for most of the cast makes balance terrible. I think it actually has improved but it's clear the show should up some eppy guarantees. I like Chabby and Flynn and Miller but man they need to cut off an episode from their guarantees and give it to someone else.

Victor is just so unlikeable. I love John Aniston but Victor is a miserable grump. I did like his scenes with Nicole last week where some actual history was infused. It just adds so much more to a scene when we're allowed to remember that they share a history.

I like Lucas Adams but agree on the crying part lol. Lastovic is still awful and I can't wait for him to be off my screen. I even thought MBE and SN were slightly lacking in these scenes to be honest. I know some thought they were great though. I just wasn't that invested in the scenes.

Overall it's just so early in Ron's run and this is Dena's [!@#$%^&*] he's cleaning up but I like a lot of family interactions, the canvas feels more connected, we get a lot of history in scenes, there's layers and subtext. I think the potential is there. But I can see why they emphasized him cleaning up this mess and his stuff not taking hold until September.

• Members

God, that scene was horrific. Honestly, I think James Lastovic dragged the scene down for everybody. He's just awful. I keep reading here that he's "green." GAG ME with that excuse. He's been with DAYS for TWO YEARS. He's worse now than he was on Day One.

• Members

+1

+1. But he's gone this month.

It was awful. I was so disappointed. MBE and SN even felt phoned in during these scenes IMHO.

These last few episodes have made me miss the dopplegangers (a story I'm not into at all but lord I'll take something different and comical at this point)

• Members

Dear Lord, a piece of cardboard has better acting skills than "Joey". He pretty much ruined what could've been a really intense scene, but I just laughed. Kayla, Tripp and Patch all delivered, but he's just so bad.

• Members

Today was all over the place. I liked the Hattie/John scenes as well as Anjelica. Eric is always a plus but I'm tired of Brady and Nicole! I wish Maggie hadn't have been on mixed up in that. She needs her own story! 

maybe Rafe can go to Mexico looking into drug lords and be trapped next to Theresa by the same guy. 

I was thinking the same thing today. He looked great. 

Archived