YRBB

DAYS: August 2017 Discussion Thread

Sindacco   
19 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Some shallow observations... please no hate!

Lauren and Diedre look amazing for their ages and pretty natural. But there is a butch quality to Dee/Marlena these days. Maybe its those masculine cut suits?

Morgan looks awful, but I have to believe there is some medical reason for her bloated appearance.The floral jacket was so dated and unattractive.

The men are another story.Josh looks like a Vulcan and Thaao looks like a vampire. Men of that age cannot get away with the dyed hair and cosmetic surgery.

To see two loving  men in bed is really amazing.Well done Days for showing this.

I agree about Josh and Thaao. They should follow in Drake's lead with the natural hair.

Disagree about Deidre and Lauren looking pretty natural.

Taoboi   

Finally started watching from last week.

So far, I am laughing at Marlena as a hostage.

Sad to see Lucas off the wagon.

Patch and Kayla have my interest.

Loved the Brady/Victor talk where Victor called a spade a spade.

On 8/22/2017 at 4:12 AM, Paul Raven said:

Some shallow observations... please no hate!

Lauren and Diedre look amazing for their ages and pretty natural. But there is a butch quality to Dee/Marlena these days. Maybe its those masculine cut suits?

Morgan looks awful, but I have to believe there is some medical reason for her bloated appearance.The floral jacket was so dated and unattractive.

The men are another story.Josh looks like a Vulcan and Thaao looks like a vampire. Men of that age cannot get away with the dyed hair and cosmetic surgery.

To see two loving  men in bed is really amazing.Well done Days for showing this.

Yes, I'm glad DAYS is back to treating their gay couples like anyone else, instead of a pat on the shoulder here 'n there. 

Deidre Hall and Lauren Koslow continue to look beautiful. Any work they've had done comes off naturally. I think the butch quality in Dee is their suits and blouses they have Hattie in. If she starts doing that swashbuckler swaggerin' that Gina Tognoni eventually developed during her Guiding Light years, then I'll be concerned. 

Morgan Fairchild doesn't seem to move naturally, physically. Like she's in pain when she shifts her body weight. 

Yep, Josh and Thaao are hard on the eyes, with their struggles to maintain some sort of youthful look. Josh especially looks like he has a head made out of clay or silly putty, pulled back with string around the eyes. Maybe I'm being too critical. Sorry. Drake's gray hair fits him perfectly at his age. I wonder how good or bad Peter Reckell would've pulled off transitioning from dark to gray. He was starting to look a lil "shoe polish" dark towards the end. 

There is nothing hot or sexy about Paulson. Nothing. 

Freddie Smith fights the gay scenes every step of the way, and the relationship doesn't work.

Faulkner   
14 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

Freddie Smith fights the gay scenes every step of the way, and the relationship doesn't work.

Freddie is not sexy (and I don't hate him like most people on this board). Christopher Sean is absolute walking sex, though, when he's allowed to be. YMMV.

14 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

I don't find Paulson hot either.

That's all Freddie has played though...gay characters. On 90210 or was it MP he played a gay character?

Judi shines the most playing people with defined personality traits like Beth (GL), Paulina (AW), etc. I don't really know any defining attributes of Adrienne. I'd rather Bonnie stays and Adrienne is given the heave-ho. At least I know what Bonnie's like.