ajsp35801

Y&R: Sally Sussman and Kay Alden OUT, Mal Young IN

2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

The Graham stuff is pointless. He's played by an attractive but totally blank and charisma-free actor. There's no "there" there, and the story hasn't really advanced since he's been here. Typical SS. Dina's return would have been as effective without him.

Maybe if he had been played as an out gay man, the actor would have worked in the role on a limited basis; because he's playing Graham like a Gay Armpiece.  But he's pretty terrible either way.  I think they were going to kill off Dina and or have her with Alzheimer's and switched it up when fans positively responded.  We'll see what happens.  

Elsa   

If another writer had introduced someone like Graham in 1979 people would be like this on the cancelled soaps thread:

"Then the writer had the brilliant idea to bring back the long gone matriarch of the aristocratic family with a much younger man by her side. Viewers were considered smart enough to decide themselves if this man was a gigolo, a gay pet, an abuser, a caretaker or a long lost son. These days a soap would have this guy turn out to be a mobster, the brother of Cane, involved in a WTD storyline with Victoria and Billy and have Ashley and Phyllis fight over him within a few months. This is considered story these days." 

19 minutes ago, Elsa said:

If another writer had introduced someone like Graham in 1979 people would be like this on the cancelled soaps thread:

"Then the writer had the brilliant idea to bring back the long gone matriarch of the aristocratic family with a much younger man by her side. Viewers were considered smart enough to decide themselves if this man was a gigolo, a gay pet, an abuser, a caretaker or a long lost son. These days a soap would have this guy turn out to be a mobster, the brother of Cane, involved in a WTD storyline with Victoria and Billy and have Ashley and Phyllis fight over him within a few months. This is considered story these days." 

I could see that happening for all these stories SSM did.

Edited by cassadine1991

juppiter   
11 hours ago, Elsa said:

+1

Jerry675   

I have not enjoyed y&r since jan 2015. that was when jean and shelly was writing. i think we should petition jean out od retirement.phyllis was phyllids. sally. sux suz sux

John   
31 minutes ago, Jerry675 said:

I have not enjoyed y&r since jan 2015. that was when jean and shelly was writing. i think we should petition jean out od retirement.phyllis was phyllids. sally. sux suz sux

Jonny's 2nd account???

Well it is two seperate accounts. If i wanted do a second account or multiple accounts i could have done it ages ago lol. Definitely not me but u guys dont see jean has a loyal following of fans.

beebs   
On 05/08/2017 at 0:04 PM, Elsa said:

Exactly. I'm intrigued and I love the slow unfurling with him. The actor's green but he's growing on me, personally. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with their direction on him.

YRBB   
2 hours ago, Jerry675 said:

no just a jean p luver

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Mal's official work starts airing in October. I find it hard to believe that he wasn't intimately involved beginning with LA-reboot. Regardless, as I said the other day, I full expect all these underdeveloped, two-dimensional newbies to be gone: Zach, Graham, Ravi, The Twins, Reed, Jordan, Juliet, Scott (has more chemistry with TB) and Tessa (meaning Noah will be gone too). Possible saves: Dina and The Worm (GR's return). Returns: Adam, Chloe, Kevin who will more than take over the few scenes that these new characters take.

Except for Juliet when the harassment started, most of the new characters were given inconsistent airtime. Even with Juliet, she's hardly been on since her pregnancy was announced! Heck, Jesse the blackmailer got more airtime than she did during past two weeks. It impossible to develop 10 new characters concurrently. They should've stuck with Tessa, Juliet, Jordan - developed those before launching the others. The Worm and Dina have years of history and ties to GC, so easier to integrate.