Y&R: Sally Sussman and Kay Alden OUT, Mal Young IN

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Doug is going a little overboard now.  He just retweeted this on his timeline and liked it (I don't disagree that they were on too much and it was obvious that some of the actors were starting to resent it but to put it out there publicly...)

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It seems the cast and crew loves Mal Young. Even Gina in her emmy speech raved Mal we value u so much. Apparently Mal has written alot of shows. Only thing i wish is Mal had a co exec producer because on YR even when Maria was EP/HW she had Paul Rauch. I would love to see Wendy co exec on YR. I love Mal pitched a long term vision hopefully modern/contemporary. Right now CBS is putting their faith in new fresh blood why not welcome it. It seems the cast is very happy about the change.

Omg thats so true the disgusting pimping of Victoria/Billy was the sickest thing i ever saw. I loathe Amelia Victoria now. Imo a great a Victoria recast would be Rebecca Budig. Also u guys praised when Sean Kanan blasted Ron. I think an actor has the right to speak how they feel.

• Members

No Comparrison. For  DD at YR had Years of Nothing to do and that didnt start with SSM. MAB did that too so to lay that all on SSM is not fair

With ES and OLTL she was talking about How Dena had good ides like a Tornado but no ollow through. A Tornado happens and then a monthh later there are no effects. That was her issue

• Members

Doug needs to relax. He's right, it was the Amelia and Jason hour but man ... it's different when you speak out when damage is done to your character or show but Sally really didn't damage anything. Doug's bitter he wasn't on more, that's all. It looks a bit petty of him. There's zero guarantees Mal gives him anymore airtime.

• Members

I dont see any difference then an actor speaking out how they feel.i didnt see the actors really raving about Sally/Kay. I actually saw them more complimentary towards Pratt. In fact Mal worked way better with Pratt his last months. The Philly fallout was great and the Sully reveal also good.

Plus Angelica/CBS are in a business to make money. Dollars and revenue. Pratt made them lots of money. Having a head writer have 13 weeks of record lows is horrible. Plus what were Sally stories anyway wth happened with that Lauren story it was nothing. Honestly i dont think Sally write any stories. They were dialogued sitautions with no payoff, no build up or excitement. Omg dont eveb remind me of the Ashley/Ravi garbage. 

• Members

I agree with SSM  on Billy & Phyllis

IMHO it makes them both unlikeable and the pairing should not have continued

Also Mal should pick one EP or HW and do that.

If DD is upset about not having meaty story he should be mad at whoever decided to Kill Ricky and fire Peter Porte

At least SSM still shows him a lot. It may not be Paul centric but Paul is in lots of story

• Members

I also hate CBS lying to us they both retired. They both were fired plain and simple. They were axed before their contracts were up and now gone. Angelica didnt even wish them well. Jean on other hand give a 2 month notice, had actors raving about her and Nathan Varni, Vicki Dummer and Frank sending well wishes. Jean i am hearing the door is always happen at GH.

• Members

If it was the Screaming Paul (how he got an Emmy is completely beyond me), Dylan and Nikki hour, no matter how bad the show was, DD would not have anything to say.  Folks are cheering him on for standing up for the show when he's really just whining about lack of airtime.  He can have several seats!  

That's the new thing now.  Same as Jean Pissy "retiring".

Archived