GH has a new co-head writer

• Members

Stop. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Heh. Yeah they'd probably like to dump the show but they haven't tried any replacement in years. And there's nothing on the docket. It's not in jeopardy at the moment, but to be fair, ABC could cancel the show anytime it wants.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jamey did say that about GH. He said ABC has a female executive that Loves the show and has been backing it. 

He didnt say [!@#$%^&*] about Shelly or her being safe.

I still say CVE will be full HW in 6 months or so

• Members

See I found as his run was winding down it was boring between his events.  I tuned out for weeks, then months at a time and found the characters were often stalled waiting for a sweeps stunt when I came back.

The best part of Riche and Guza was she did balance him out.  She did try to protect the legacy of the show.  They famously did not get along, but I also can't imagine her killing off so many characters just to give one of his events weight.  

I agreed with her leaving, but Guza with JFP brought out a lot of the worst aspects of his work and little of the good.

I did love the Metro Court story, and the bio-toxin.  Didn't love killing Alan, but at that point Guza had so destroyed Tony I didn't miss him.  And the train crash, that one was fun too.  The others were more miss than hit for me.

• Members

She was feared because she was temperamental, and for those who wanted tgeir steady gig, they knew not to cross her or face her wrath.  She also had control over two of the highest rated soaps in her era, and protégés on others. But we don't hear about Bill Bell or Agnes Nixon being that nasty on as consistent a basis.  Some isolated cases, sure.  But not consistent.  Pat Falken Smith is maybe the closest, but it seems most of her ire and snark was reserved for the EP or network brass.

• Members

Yes, Irna was feared, because she was temperamental.  But she also had people in charge at CBS and P&G who knew they weren't writers and never tried to be, which is more than I could say about TIIC today.

• Members

I just was saying that I miss the way Guza did his stunts and keep people on the edge of their seats with his events. I believed there was some GH highers that interfered with Guza when he was writing the show. I know head writers had their own pets, but the show was a hell of lot better than it is today.

Archived