Y&R Actor Possible Return

• Members

Absolutely! It was a scene that gave me goosebumps, and really highlighted the jealousy that drove Phyllis. MS seemed to closely identify with her character to the point where it was scary. The hate chemistry between her and VR alone, or her and SC... It made Phyllis compelling to watch, but the power MS had BTS to dictate character pairings and her status on the show was corrosive to Y&R during the JS/LML/MAB years. It was WAY too much. To this day I don't think MS would ever return without being guarantees that she can set the agenda for her character.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. The scene was powerful because it was about psychology, once a cornerstone of Y&R's DNA. It seemed to me as if Phyllis did not even realize until she said out loud "I hate you too" how much of her own self-hatred she was projecting onto Sharon, how far her obsession with being the number one woman in Nick's life had driven her to this point. Kudos to MS for playing all the beats that day. It was an iconic scene. The kind I wish we saw more of tbh.

ETA: omg found the scene on YT

• Members

I missed out an important scene so for completion purposes, I am posting it here. While Phyllis trashes Sharon's hotel room, Sharon & Nick get it on slo-mo style in the cabin. And then, when Phyllis knocks something over in her fury, she discovers some of the trinkets Sharon has been stealing.

• Members

^^ That is better, thanks, I knew she used scissors and also found that stuff too.

I remember when this all happened and I used to post elsewhere and somebody to describe how Phyllis acted some random poster then posted a pic of the Incredible Hulk when he was enraged. LMAO

• Members

That was the closest to the Phyllis from Bill Bell's era I think we saw after he was gone.  Nelson's was naughty but not psycho, and Stafford had been playing the wounded woman in love triangles for so long.  Yes, she was bitchy, but not the same character that would run down Cricket and Paul anymore.  I miss the possibility that she could go full on psycho again.

Archived