Sign in to follow this  
GSGfan2017

More than two daytime soaps surviving on borrowed time?

It seems to me that both GH and (especially) DOOL are surviving on borrowed time.  Is it safe to say that both Y&R and B&B are surviving on borrowed time as well?

2 hours ago, slick jones said:

@Paul Raven  She could be a recast Marlena, Nina,Brooke and Ashley running at the same time!

Who has seen the Robin Wright movie The Congress?  Robin and Marcy played sisters on Santa Barbara.

YRBB   
18 hours ago, GSGfan2017 said:

It seems to me that both GH and (especially) DOOL are surviving on borrowed time.  Is it safe to say that both Y&R and B&B are surviving on borrowed time as well?

Did you just wake up from a very, very long nap or something? :lol:

Dax7000   

I think they all are, particularly DOOL and GH. I think Y&R will be canceled before B&B due to the latter's international popularity. It's also undoubtedly cheaper to produce- smaller cast, half hour show. They still do occasional location shoots, so it must be making some level of profit. 

I honestly will be glad to see Y&R go. It's long past it's glory and a cancellation would hopefully mean people can finally start uploading the old episodes to Youtube.

Oh god John havent u said GH would be cancelled years ago and its still on the air. They have zero plans to cancel. They love Shelly Altman. Nathan Varni thinks Altman is brilliant 

Errol   

Loving someone doesn't mean ignoring the facts. GH is doing dreadful numbers in the demos and in viewership. Unlike DAYS, where NBC negotiates a contract and must keep the show on the air through out that time period, GH can be dropped tomorrow and ABC could care less.

Franko   

Errol is right. All the love a network may have doesn't mean anything if (a) they've got an out and (b) want to use it. He also reminded me of Days/NBC's contractual relationship.

Errol ABC owns GH thats why they dont have an annaul contract. Its cheaper for ABC to produce GH then DAYS for NBC.  They dont have any licensing fees.Jamey Giddens have said ABC is happy with GH. This is Shelly Altmans third year as head writer. Why do u think ABC keeps Shelly and who would u rather have as head writer?

Edited by JONNYSBRO