Sign in to follow this  
GSGfan2017

More than two daytime soaps surviving on borrowed time?

Taoboi   
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, edgeofnik said:

I agree that there are issues - particularly the music licensing, but that's been overcome by prime time shows (they replace the original song with a similar genre song that's been licensed). The thing is that a lot of shows like TEON, which was sort of licensed through AOL years ago, could instantly go up (that show never used music and probably has only has 7 years of episodes (1800 or so). Most soaps only started keeping episodes starting in late-1970s. 

Because there is such as wealth of material, they could release existing shows going back a couple of years and add or for all the dead show, start from a certain point and add forward. I just don't get why all that material show sit in an archive - the beauty of streaming is that it is DEMO-PROOF - it doesn't matter whether you are 18 or 80 - your subscription fee counts the same. And since 'older' viewers are more likely to watch soaps or pick it up as a hobby during retirement, I bet the audience is there.

And it is this trick that keeps some fans like myself from even wanting to buy some dvd boxes/streaming service. Why would I get Roswell Season 2 when the music isn't the music I remember for that awesome scene that is burned into my memory. And isn't the point of sales and being successful that fans want the product AS THEY KNOW IT WHEN THEY FIRST SAW IT?