Greatest storyline exit (character leaving)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Among my favorites are the 2 exits of David & Jenny Renaldi and Brad Vernon on OLTL, although I hadn't wanted them to leave. Even though he was in love with Jenny and basically was a villain, Brad did the noble thing and switched identities with David so David & Jenny could go on the run, or on the sail, since they left on a boat. David slipped an opal into Brad's coat pocket so that Brad could sell it for money wherever he ended up in his new life. I still have the scenes on tape.

Later, they returned to the show for a while and had an adventure in Vienna. When they were saying goodbye for the 2nd time, there are a couple of great scenes which I also saved of Brad & David giving each other back their names. Brad told David that David probably gave his name some much needed polish. They admitted they had actually come to like each other. They hugged goodbye and Brad slipped the opal he had never sold back into David's pocket. Brad remained on the show this time. 

• Members

GH-

Most heartbreaking was Stone's death.  

Lily starting that car was a huge mistake for her and lead to a great exit.

DAYS-

Roman's death on the beach.

Knots Landing-

Abby's schemes have all caught up with her, and she leaves singing don't worry, be happy.

• Members

Super old story, but Alison McKenzie's exit from Peyton Place was beautiful and so simple. She simply realized how crazy her life had become living in a soap opera town and to maintain her sanity she got her [!@#$%^&*] and left lol. It was so perfect because typically people don't acknowledge just how much craziness happens in these soap towns so it was nice to see a character acknowledge that and leave for her own sanity. Her entire exit story was just such a beautiful arc. 

• Members

Maureen, GL.  Stunk that they did it but the week or so leading up to it...Ellen Parker killed it.  It was just great writing and acting by the cast involved in that story, and it was raw.  I watch it on Youtube every now and then and the scene where Lillian shows up at the Bauers and it's just her and Maureen is chilling.  She can tell Maureen knows something, and tries to cover by saying she stopped by because she thought she left her scarf, I thought maybe you found it?   Maureen says, "Nope.  No scarf."  The tension was through the roof. 

Archived