DAYS: Another actor exits

• Members

JAMES LASTOVIC TO DEPART...

Please register in order to view this content

As has been rumored since late March, James Lastovic (Joey) will be departing "Days of Our Lives" this summer. Rumors began swirling on March 22 (the same day Lastovic was nominated for a Daytime Emmy, and the time frame for when his original two-year contract ended), when a tweet from a relative of Lastovic's mentioned he had not been renewed. In an Emmy interview with Soap Central, Lastovic mentioned that on the day of the Emmy nominations (March 22), he "had just finished doing some pretty emotional scenes, so I went to my dressing room and collected myself a little bit." Look for Lastovic to last air in August.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And he will never land another acting job for the rest of his life: i'll guarantee it!  He didn't improve one iota.  It's quite remarkable how consistently bad he was including this week's episodes. I don't know who at NBC or Days finally made the decision to release him, the chick playing Jade, the robot that played Ciara, but he/she deserves an award.  I have a strong feeling it was a condition for Ron to sign on. What an embarrassment to be asked to write for these folks who should have never been cast in the first place, let alone make it through more than a year.

• Members

I swear, Gering is the Amelia Heinle of this show. Maybe he's a super cool guy that everyone loves having around. His character can also be shoved -- easily -- into anything. So I don't see him going.

Archived