SOD Cover "A Whole New Days"

• Members

Not surprised Dena planned to wrap up the murder quickly. She's a hack who can't pen a real story. She has "ideas" that on paper sound good, "oh, let's send a bunch of characters to Greece"! "oh let's murder Deimos"! "Oh, let's have a plane crash!" And on paper they sound great, how on earth could they be bad stories? But then you watch what's on-screen and it's just awful. Awful pacing, awful dialogue ... SO glad Dena's gone.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cover SOD with Chandler Massey

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, text

• Members

OK, that sounds like he's messing with the audience. Would he really say it if that was the outcome? It's like spoiling who done it. In this instance, it sounds like he would just want to undo a ridiculous death.

• Members

I would say that 1966 to 1976, as written by the legendary William J. Bell and Pat Falken Smith, were the show's very best years. The series was lush, romantic, captivating, sophisticated and adult in its themes, content, and presentation. Viewers who have only witnessed DAYS in the last few decades would be shocked to see how different it was during its heyday.

• Members

The thing is, some of these plots could be executed better, or at least dressed up more nicely to make it seem more grand, if they had a g--d--- budget. That "island" with those giant rock walls was so pitiful, you had Gabi in full, fresh make-up day after day... then with the party at the Martin home, they needed at least 15 more extras to make the party look lavish and well-attended. Instead, you had Deimos in his Colonel Sanders disguise as one of only two of the waitstaff. Everything just looks cheap. Certainly nothing like the Parisian costume ball in 1996 or the Coronation Massacre in 2001. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-ron-carlivati-interview/

I think the writers had done a really good job of setting up this villainous character of Deimos. When I came in, he had already been murdered, so I took that as another point of inspiration. It had wrapped up fairly fast with an interesting killer that made sense, but I proposed a different killer that prolonged the story, that pulled more people in and impacted the love stories on the canvas a little more. And then another one was Anjelica, who had recently been introduced to the canvas when I was hired, so that hadn’t been written too far down the road yet. That was another one where I was able to take that in a new direction. That is a really fun story which has some larger than life elements and has some humor, and some classic soap opera conventions about it. You’ll see from my very first episode what I mean by that.

I think he should have left the original killer and moved on from the Delmos story. No one cares who murdered him. I wonder who the original killer was by Higley?

Archived