SOD Cover "A Whole New Days"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right. Imagine if TGL had brought back Ellen Parker as Maureen Bauer, only to reveal later on that she was in reality an evil impersonator with plastic surgery, who wanted to wreak vengeance on the Bauers for a past transgression.

The audience would have been livid. Blood would have flown, LOL.

• Members

There aren't any hot shirtless guys on this show for Ron to drool over lol. I wonder if he'll do the "Tale of Two John's" He did that kind of story on OLTL and GH........

I wonder who will be his punching bag aka AJ Quartermaine.

He also said the Quartermaine's would be prominent and yes they were for a short while then he lost interest, so don't get your hopes up about the vets

• Members

Filming 8 episodes a week. I've known this but it always stuns me. There's good reason why the newbies on DAYS suck quite so much. It's impossible for inexperienced actors. Newbies had a hard time when shows would film 1 episode a day WITH rehearsal. Imagine this. It's antithetical to creative, productive filming. It helps keep them on air (money), but boy... it doesn't help anything else.

This may very well end up being the case, but this show is a different beast. Despite numerous regime changes over the years, the vets have still mostly been featured quite a lot. Corday may be hugely problematic but he's different from Valentini, who's the one actually running the show.

• Members

Yep. There's a reason vets like Victor, Maggie, Caroline (when she could), Abe, even Kate are still around, and it's one of Corday's positives. Now that Ron will have a different EP, it'll be interesting to see how that works. Maybe his excesses will be limited... or maybe they'll be worse.

• Members

Interesting Ron states DAYS was harder to write then GH or OLTL because its a show he didnt grow up with. He also stated in SOD that he was told GH was a six month job that would be it and it was cancelled.  He never imagined it would have been three and half years. He said when he got hired at days it hadnt been renewed yet. I am.excited i think DAYS is a perfect fit for him. He also changed the deimos murder story. It was supposed to be revealed quickly under Dena. He decided to change the killer and prolong it and make it more exciting 

Archived