B&B: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Prefacing this with the statement that my expectations of the show are bargain basement low, I'm enjoying the show more than I have for about 16 years and am actually watching daily. Admittedly with steady use of the FF button.

I don't remember so many characters and stories being featured since the late 90s, pre-Amber takeover. I also like that, in spite of the numerous erm...story imperfections, characters are also crossing into more than one story and not being islanded. I loathe Steffy but she is acting as a catalyst where she's been used in the past week.

As for Sheila, I know I'm in the minority here and have always loved the character but in very broad brush strokes, I think her return has been handled well. I thought 2002, 2003 and the Y&R stories were cheap and played on extremes to the character which barely even existed in her original run. This version of Sheila is what I would have expected 1990s Sheila to become with age and I'm amazed KB has been able to step back into the role so easily, particularly given how fast the show tapes these days. She and John McCook had great chemistry in the hotel scenes and her spats with Quinn have had varying success.

They do need to par down the loony fawning over Eric and gushing when she's at the Forrester house - she never even lived there. 

I do agree that some characters are thick as pig [!@#$%^&*] but god knows that's nothing new on this show, particularly for Eric. And when is Brooke going to be allowed to be an active woman again instead of a passive, simpering, pod person? Even with RJ's accident, she made some mealy mouthed protestations about texting. If that had been Rick or Bridget back in the day, she'd have dragged Coco out of the hospital room. 

• Members

Sheila + Eric + everyone else = works for me.  

Sally + Thomas + Caroline = works for me.

Steffy = works for me.

Quinn the Victim = does not work for me or the actress.

Spineless Brooke = I just hate it.

• Members

Bill - God I swear.  So silly sticking his nose in where it really doesn't belong.  And his reasoning.  Yes, it's his niece, but she chose to leave.  And railing Thomas about keeping the family together?

They always go Pot, Kettle, Black with him.  You mean the way you ditched Katie and your son to go mount your Mare? 

• Members

@Fevuh $B eyeing the tower as he's hugging C2 is his true motivation. At least, he doesn't hide his disdain at C2 being hot for a Forrester, which is actually her 3rd (Rick and Widge).

@Aback Agreed, especially no Quinn the Victim and on StallionRider, who at this point, should be allowed to be strong, confident and assertive. KKL can play that - she's just not permitted.  

• Members

I cant beleive they brought Caroline back so she could fight Sally for Thomas

How long till Eric presents Sheila with her own Forrester matriarch portrait over the mantle?

Quinn: "I never knew I could love till I met Eric." Again, she says this about every man she falls for. She did with Deacon and Liam before

• Members

When did Thomas become this big prize that Sally and Caroline are fighting over him? Lawd...another horrible story by Bradley.

Can Dollar Bill stop being Dear Abby and stay out of other people's lives?

Brooke has been so watered down. She could leave LA and no one would miss her.

More Quinn/Ridge kiss mess story.

Ugh this soap continues to stink!

Sally to Caroline: Thomas and I are the real deal! Own it!

Who wrote this garbage??

• Members

THEN: Stuffy for what didn't just seem like months - IT WAS months repeating "Quinn's TOXIC!' 'She's TOXIC' "Trust me that woman is TOXIC!' - at least once she said 3x in SAME episode.

NOW: "She loves you, Bad Santa. She never stopped." Ugh! 

So now that Bad Santa kissed ShEvil, does that mean they had an 'affair'? So does that make everyone even?

B&B is truly my 12-18 minutes of H8 watching (but in a good way, I think). Continually amazed at the storyline plot holes, inconsistencies, etc. Surely, I'm not the only one who tunes in because it's so bad?

• Members

Wow, Patrick Mulcahey wrote some great dialogue for the episode after Eric found out about Quinn/Ridge and RJ being taken to the hospital. Eric bitterly calling his son "Ridge Marone" was great, and they used the history of Brooke/Eric/Ridge etc to great effect. We've seen affair confrontations another 300 times on the show, but this was decent.

The hospital scenes were also handled very well.

The brilliant part was after Eric kicked Quinn out. If you "watched" that moment (i.e. fast-forwarded it), you missed it. Eric looking at Quinn's portrait while Sheila came into view and gently laid her head on his shoulder before smiling. Thrilling stuff, AND they used classic background music from Y&R

• Members

LOL! I mean, it was good. Next episode could jump right back into being bad. It's B&B's way.

The only problem with Eric beginning to trust Sheila is the pacing. They used a storyline that's been going on over half a year (Ridge/Quinn) to fuel this coming together of Eric and Sheila, plus the many years Sheila's been gone, AND the fact that Eric used to have feelings for her.

It's the soapy thing to do. We all know that. It's classic "Nooo, don't do that you fool!" BUT ... they are doing it too fast. I have no problem with them slowly becoming comfortable with each other before things imploding.

Archived