B&B: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Since no one bothered starting it!

Please register in order to view this content

The Sheila/Charlie stuff is hilarious. Him commenting on Sheila having the latest gadgets and Sheila explaining what gesticulating means.  That ending with Eric throwing the glass after Sheila told him she thinks Ridge and Quinn are having an affair was great. And they're using so many of the show's classic cues now that Sheila's back. SO good.

Also good, Thomas challenging Forrester. It feels classic B&B. Fode has really become much more natural. I hope he continues to nurture it, especially since the timing is great now that he has amazing chemistry with Sally. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Thomas/PF. 

I'm gonna throw something out there that B&B has yet to do and probably never will.  But - GayJ/RJ.  I think something is going on.  After the accident with Coco - he's acted weird.  When he first 'woke up' I thought they were going to make him blind for awhile.  But he acts weird even around Coco - when she started hugging him today (yes, I watched) - I thought - huge opportunity for this could have been a life ending event.  The Police guy said it too....texting and driving, etc. etc. blah.  But RJ was being defensive of Coco, and even when he says things like "I'm OK because you're here" and stuff like that.  This would have been a great opportunity for him to have seen - hey, I live in LA - I'm Gay, and I need to get out of the closet.  Life could end any day.  She's a great friend - glad Coco is here but I'm Gay. 

• Members

an entire episode focused on Coco and RJ....how boring!

Caroline on the phone to Sally: "I know you and Thomas are in a relationship but we do have a son to think about. Tell him I called and I'll take it from there"

WTF?!?! Thats her reintroduction to the show?

• Members

Oh, man, the July 4th episode was a perfectly structured soap episode. Something right out of the show's classic years. I love that Eric didn't believe Sheila's claims and that he turned cruel with her (evil, deceitful, psychopathic). He literally was going to throw her out! And then Ridge and Quinn arrive. They played that JUST right.

• Members

Without a doubt!

A lot of people do, but ultimately it was never about a "fit". Sheila's story on Y&R was huge, but only 1 part of the entire canvas, and almost completely unconnected to everything else. On B&B, she was an integral part of almost everything. Therefore, she has become a big part of the show's fabric, which is not the case with Y&R.

• Members

I watched Monday and today - it's as if a whole bunch of story just disappeared. C2 went from warning phone call to hanging with DumbAs and Stuffy. What? 

We went from Lt Spicy Weiner's PSA, who I guess is in Traffic Investigations now,  to no mention of GayJ. Don't Stuffy and DumbAs care about their bio bro? 

And Bad Santa really ended up not only at same hotel, but also same floor AND going into his room at same time as ShEvil was lurking in hall or maybe she was looking for ice machine to teach Gomer Pyle a few tricks. 

This is uncharacteristically sloppy for B&B - the stories are weak but production, continuity and rhythm haven't been this off in a while. And it follows the Wigole/Myrna photo shoot 2 days after that 'heartwrenching' Lizzy stuff. Weird. 

• Members

@cassadine1991 True, but GayJ isn't a threat to Stuffy or is he? If only Stuffy/Carter/GayJ (recast) triangle.

Please register in order to view this content

Honestly, this is where Hunter/Taylor really would fit into canvas - it would remind the audience of how deeply affected the children from Widge's two distinct family by his waffling.

Frankly, dump Spam, Gomer Pyle, CoCoPuffs, Dumblita and SaulTine and get HT in for a quarterly 3-week arcs. I'd really enjoy seeing Taylor interact with her adult children in the wake of Widge's continued immaturity.

Archived