Beatles history began 7.6.1957

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

The former No. 1 revisits the top 10 for the first time since 1969, following the album’s 50th anniversary reissue. The Beatles’ self-titled album, often referred to as the White Album, re-enters the Billboard 200 chart at No. 6 following its 50th anniversary reissue on Nov. 9.

Please register in order to view this content

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

On Sunday, Feb. 9, 1964, over 73 million Americans gathered around television sets to see what all the excitement was about. ... But the big event was The Beatles' first live appearance on American television, which took place on the country's most popular variety program, "The Ed SullivanShow".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Bungalow Bill, Prudence, Rocky Raccoon and the rest of the Beatles’ celebrated White Album cast of characters have moved up the all-time charts.

The Recording Industry Association of America unveiled Thursday that the Beatles’1968 double-album reached 24-time Platinum-certified status – making it the fourth-highest certified release in United States history. The album lands ahead of a three-way tie for fifth place, shared by Billy Joel’s Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II, Led Zeppelin’s Led Zeppelin IVand Pink Floyd’s The Wall. 

• Members

George Harrison birthday Feb 25 

"In Spite of All the Danger" is one of the first songs recorded by the Quarrymen, then consisting of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, pianist John Lowe, and drummer Colin Hanton. The song was written by McCartney and Harrison and is the only song to credit the two alone. 

Subject: Watch "In Spite of All The Danger - The Quarrymen" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/RuuOAA9ekbg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

Paul McCartney: best selling artist of all time, 21 grammys, 1 oscar, 29 #1 singles, 1 billion ww record sales and a net worth of 1.2 billion; one of the greatest songwriters and multiinstrumentalists of all time, inducted 2 times into the rock and roll hall of fame.

• Members
Beatles Archive (@BeatlesArchive2) tweeted at 0:30 PM on Mon, Mar 25, 2019:
#Beatles as a Solo Artist No. 1 Hit
George became the first “My Sweet Lord” reached No. 1 in Dec 70
Paul next with “Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey” in Sep 71
Ringo followed with “Photograph” in Nov 73
John topped the charts with “Whatever Gets You Thru the Night” Nov 74 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Another esteemed Billboard chart record: The Beatles are the only act to chart in the Hot 100's top five simultaneously. The week of April 4, 1964, they ranked at Nos. 1-5 with "Can't Buy Me Love," "Twist and Shout," "She Loves You," "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "Please Please Me," respectively.