GH: July 2017 Discussion Thread

Lucy telling Scotty that Lee passed on was the best part  of today's show.  GH even mentioned Scotty's established cannon history without reconning it. They even showed a classic flashback between Lee & Scott. It was great to see a grown up Serena at the end. Everything else was god awful. The clip of Ava looking like the elephant woman made me laugh.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watched today.  Watching Sonny with those two teens was excruciating.  Nathan is not as bad as he used to be, and I don't hate Amy as much as I used to.  Nell isn't as awful as the last time I saw her.

Scotty, Lucy and Lee were a highlight, and I'm hoping for more tomorrow.  It was very sweet to see Serena and that felt genuine.

Great seeing Felicia and Bobbie.

Laura Wright looked a little off though.  Bad makeup, or bad work I couldn't really tell.  And she is someone that I thought for years always looked great.

The show is still very pedestrian when it comes to the writing.  Jesus they need better script writers.

A lot of Frank's sets would look so much better if he got over his desire to Light them like they are acting on the sun.  

• Members

Seriously. The last episode I watched was about June 30th and Carly/Joss were fighting. Sure, a teen can't be allowed to run the show, but they are making Carly a terrible mother.  I love LW and I used to love Carly, but those scenes were foul.  Watching a woman put her dysfunctional relationship with a criminal over the obvious emotional needs of her daughter is not good soap.  Letting a man treat you like pond scum is a horrible example to set and it makes me sick to watch it on daytime in 2017. Ryan's Hope was more progressive 40 years ago.  If they hadn't done an abusive relationship with Kristina they should have done one with Joss. It would make so much sense.

• Members

Yes and calling Carly a whore.  They went to Puerto Rico on an over night business trip.  Some guy tried to kill Sonny, Carly accidentally shot Jason and Sonny and Carly decided they couldn't live without each other.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It's absolutely disgusting. Jillian and Alexis and Scummy and Carly are two of the most toxic couples around. Just vile. The way they write Alexis and Carly to 'be in the right' against their men but we're really supposed to hate how Alexis and Carly are coming across while the men act all cool, supportive and understanding. It's just vile writing and I meant to post something about it when Jillian turned up at Kelly's while Alexis was eating ice cream and Sonny/Carly were arguing in Puerto Rico.

• Members

Ugh, so bad. Julian comes off as so condescending. I can't stand him. The closest this show has to decent couples are Dante/LuLu, Kevin/Laura and Olivia/Ned. I'm not talking about acting or personalities, just couples where there seems to be some kind of mutual respect.

• Members

I thought the Lee Baldwin/Peter Hansen tribute stuff was weak. It seemed to come out of nowhere -- because it did.

Hansen died on April 9, over 3 months ago. Couldn't these writers have built up to this tribute instead of dumping it in? I say "dumping" because that's what it felt like. We get a day or two of yelling and crying from Scott and Lucy....and that'll be it. The End. You won't hear another word about Lee or Gail, just as you haven't heard a word about them for OVER A DECADE. 

GH never kept alive the legacy of Lee Baldwin or any other legacy GH character, and that's why this all feels so forced and flawed to me. I'd rather see an in memoriam bumper at the end of the show, or perhaps with an end-of-show clip of Lee as Peter, introduced by Kin Shriner. 

Color me unimpressed. Completely.

Archived