Days: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I started watching the episode on NBC.com but didn't finish. If there was one episode to be missed by a preemption this one was a good one to miss. Wasn't here for a Hernandez breakfast. How about a Horton or Brady family breakfast?

I did like Andre reflecting on Stefano. I know many were up in arms at psycho Andre babysitting Thomas but I thought it was cute.

Other than that the first half of the episode did nothing for me LOL. But that's gonna happen.

• Members

I hope you guys didn't miss the really fun Kate/Andre stuff that happened halfway through the episode. Best part of it. 

I liked Andre thinking about Stefano.

Gabi's heart warms up at the sight of Dario and Rafe being cute and messing with each other, so what does she do? She brings up something sad to ruin the moment. Basic, useless.

• Members

I'm to the point where I can't stand the sight of Gabi. Shame too because around the Nick in the river story I was slightly liking her. Dena did the character no favors by propping her. I honestly think they're writing her bad because they know we can't stand her ... LOL

• Members

I can't be the only one finding Justin/Adrienne played out. RC knew better than to touch that again. I'm rooting for Anjelica to blow that sky-high. Also, what's the deal with Tripp? His mom is dead and long gone as far as we know. The boy needs to get over it. With that said, I'm liking the new direction the show is taking so far. It would be the perfect time to bring back Mimi as Farah hasn't graced our screens in so long. Re-cast Allie with Crystal Hunt and let the battle begin. 

• Members

I watched Ron's first show.

I thought Anjelica and Hattie was pure 80s camp. I liked it. I couldn't help but notice how those actresses excelled in their scenes, while younger actors must have lots of trouble keeping up with the pace of the show.

I liked Abi. Jordi Vilasuso has gotten WORSE over the years. The same goes for Judi Evans. She spent her first couple of scenes hiding her mouth behind her hands and whispering... huh?! I expected more from her. BTW what's the deal with Adrienne and Bonnie? JE played 2 different characters in the same decade and no one even blinked?

• Members

Adrienne and Justin aren't played out. They've barely had a story. It was all off-screen. How is that played out? I understand not finding them very interesting (and I don't but I like the actors) .. the problem is anytime they get some airtime it's the same old we saw years ago. We'd get the same storyline for a few episodes and then they'd vanish and then pop up here and there.

But ugh. I appreciate my local news people keeping folks updated with severe weather, I really do, but I'm annoyed the first half hour was missed because of it.

EDIT: Ugh. It was pretty much entirely pre-empted, apart from like a minute. Ugh. Ugh.

He HAS gotten worse. I don't remember finding him as terrible as I do now but according to some he's always been awful. And I see the stans have come out begging Ron to keep him because Dario became a little bit more interesting by turning smarmy. Ugh. Sometimes it's best to just let characters go when they don't work, or they serve their purpose. I'm tired of everyone being "redeemed" and sticking around just become some fawn over the actor or now that the writing shift has made Dario a tad more interesting.

Bonnie was never meant to look like Adrienne in her first go around so yeah, no one blinked an eye. No one has blinked an eye that Roman is really Chris Kosticheck either

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

This is just one of the issues with their insane shooting schedule - the younger new cast just never have any chance to to keep up. It's like throwing a baby in the water. Of course, there's hopeless cases like Jovanni, but the production doesn't help.

He's really desperate to keep his job I guess.

Archived