Days: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's posted the outline/breakdown for the beginning of two of the scenes in his first episode on Twitter. Both grabbed my attention (especially the first one). If that first story delivers, it'll be great.

• Members

I don't know whether to lmao or scream at the people already bashing RC's writing on DAYS. I mean, it's just pitiful.

DAYS is SO bad that ANY direction is better than what we have now. Yeah, I know RC wore out his welcome at GH. Still, I'll take a couple good years from him.

This is all so reminiscent of Sally's return to Y&R. We got raves about her hiring...until we didn't.  I'd ask if viewers remember Genoa City before Sally, but they're too busy screaming "OH GOD, FIRE SALLY ALREADY!!!"

• Members

I'm going with you YRBB, and thank you for the update. please let us know if there's anything else they be doing.....I'm very interested because SA  is back in the saddle again, and Corday needs to keep his damn hands off of anything they do IF their SLs work. 

I have decided to just laugh at them. they prove that it's not about the show or giving a new regime a chance.....it's about ALWAYS blasting everything even before it airs because they have nothing to do but ride through the streets like Paul Revere and shout how "THE BAD WRITING IS COMING!!! THE BAD WRITING IS COMING!!!" 

Couldn't have...because the comment read once it's all about him the show will tank. even though people will still watch because it'll be stirring up a crapstorm instead or just enjoying the show. always have that small percentage of people who won;t be happy with nothing.

• Members

Well lets just say Ken didnt hire Carlivati. It was do or die here. Ron even mentioned this could have been a six week gig he was hired to write the ending of DAYS. He wants the show to be in great shape where NBC will want to renew it. GH was only supposed to be 6 month gig that was almost 6 years ago and now its lived on. Ron sputtered out last 6 months of GH. He actually said they were rocky times but he said he loved his time there. It will be interesting with Ron without Valentini under him. Ron said Sheri and Ryan Quan have been awesome. I am praying Ron saves DAYS. I mean anything would be better then what Higley did. She almost cancelled this show. Higley said she would never be back. Bye BITCH

Btw Ron has a strong team at DAYS he has both the Cullitons, Lorraine Broderick and Fran Myers.

• Members

I mean, that's pretty much the case for the majority of new headwriters to any soap opera. Especially back when there were 10-12 soaps on the air. But he has a support system of people who have watched and been with the show for years. Now, if they actually greenlighted a storyline where a newly returned Austin Reed slept with a newly returned Billie Reed, that'd be a problem. 

• Members

Well Ron C. just made a mistake today.  Angelica said that she was back in the Brady Pub again.  Wrong.  Angelica was presumed dead and left Salem in early 1990, I believe in March.  In January 1991 she made a brief appearance outside of Salem.  The Brady Pub was established in the Summer of 1992.  Before that it was the Brady Fish Market.

I actually think RC would have written well for Jack Deveraux if he had been given the opportunity back in the day.  Sadly, it's too late now. 

Archived