Days: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whose bright idea was it that thought Hope and Rafe would sizzle?  No and hope were good together, but I liked her with aidan...skoe build and with chemistry....of course, Dena messed up a potentially good triangle by turning Alden bad...instead of having the audience torn.

• Members

I'm glad that Chad and Gabi already seem doomed. I don't even care if they put him back with Abby or not. That's not what it's about for me. I just can't stand Gabi or Chad/Gabi. I know his stuff isn't airing yet but I hope this is some kind of early influence from Ron or something. At this point I'll settle for the show not being Days of Gabi's Life.

• Members

It annoys me that Holly looks like she's two months old.  I get why, babies are easier to handle at that age, but that along with the crying sound track while the baby looks happy as a lamb is sloppy. Do they think we don't notice this stuff or that we just don't care?  Either dump the fake crying or use a doll and don't show her face.

I could have liked Dario/Abby, but it's been obvious from the start that they are just a Chabby obstacle.  Abby looks like she'd been handed a death sentence when she agreed to marry him.

I'm glad the show kept Paul around.  I hope he fights dirty to keep his man.

• Members

Just over a week away from RC's first episode. 

I expect renewed focus on Marlena, Jennifer, Hope... hopefully with decent stories, at least at first.

When things have gotten so bad, you're looking forward to Carlivati... Maybe this show will finally be a fit.

The Impromptu girls night out with Kate, Valerie, Marlena and Kayla at club TBD was surprisingly good. I wonder if Ron added the girls night out. This doesn't seem Dena's style. The who killed Deimos  Kiriakis murder mystery is just a boring mess. It's always great to see Anne. I hope Ron uses her. I don't know what to expect from him. His OLTL was a mixed bag. Most of his GH was terrible and embarrassing. 

• Members

Yeah, I hope Ron C. redirects Sonny's character back into Freddie's comfort zone as an actor, because the last few months of performances have been embarrassingly bad. It's obvious now that Freddie has very limited range and if they're going to keep him around -- which they must in order to effect a certain reunion -- they have to reconsider Sonny's arc. 

• Members

I know people cringe when someone talks about someone's appearance but I think once we see Freddie with the better haircut and less weight we'll see a difference in his performance. Extra pounds makes you more lethargic and it shows on-screen. This Deimos story also did the character zero favors. I also think he's been phoning it in since his return. Not that he's some amazing thespian but he's better than what he's given lately. Some lesser actors just can't overcome shitty writing.

• Members

Amen! I loved me some Jordi on GL. And he could be salvaged here on DAYS if they didn't write him as wishy-washy semi-villain. Give him some sort of epiphany and have him ditch the seedy business activities and he'll be a heroic heartthrob in no time. 

• Members

I haven't seen it yet but the stuff leading up to it has been horrible. Freddie is not that type of actor and never will be. Him being a suspect is just ridiculous as well. No one is buying it.

Just in time for you know who.

Please register in order to view this content

BTW....SOD latest cover is of Days and the returnees(yes he is on the cover)....and an interview with RC. I am surprised no one has posted it on the spoiler thread. Another plan to save Days....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Archived