Days: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

She nearly was ruined. Nicole was. Chloe was. Maggie was. Victor was. Philip, Lucas, Eric were sacrificed for Daniel ... sigh. And he STILL gets mentioned. Dena must have really had the hots for him. Somebody did.

Jennifer showed a lot of spunk yesterday IMO. It was refreshing. I saw a lot of Jennifer fans commenting on how much she resembled how she used to be.

Ron won't have weak reactionary women. Look how much more pro-active Abby has become since last Wednesday. And you have Hattie and Bonnie and Anjelica and their schemes. Marlena's had airtime again. Adrienne was given a POV. I see lots of little improvements.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FFS why are they still mentioning the orange wonder? Who liked Daniel so much that the mentions even fall over to the Ron era? What sort of favours did he do to the writers that make him so god-damn special?

• Members

you know, when Drake first came on Days.....he was truly a fine actor. it took his acting IMPO to convince viewers he was now playing Roman. because there were scenes where he actually captured Wayne's cadence....and when JER took over or around them parts, he just went to hell. 

• Members

It was before JER.  It was when Roman came back and he was John Black, man of mystery.  He was charming when he was playing Roman.  The family dynamic, the cop scenes, he had chemistry with many ladies and he was attractive.  Once he wasn't Roman you could tell he was not sure how to play things, the writers kept changing his past  (that we can blame on JER), and he kind of settled into squinty mcsexy voice.  It's been downhill mostly ever since.

He lost a lot when he lost that Brady vibe.

• Members

I actually found myself wishing Wayne would come back and Drake being a fake Roman (because his acting started consisting of him shouting at everyone). then when Wayne left the first time, I kinda wanted him to go back to being Roman. But I do agree with you.....when he stopped being RB and turned John "James Bond/Jason Bourne" Black, it just went to hell. he lost the family vibe and for an actor who had chemistry with everyone.....both Shawn & Caroline, Bo & Hope, Kim, Shane, Kayla & Steve.....the kids....the entire cast, I have asked myself over the last twenty some odd years "who told him to start acting like that?" 

• Members

Marlena and Adrienne: "Sometimes I wish there were two of me!" Cut to Bonnie & Hattie.

Please register in order to view this content

OMG this fυcking show!

Jennifer looking like she came straight from filming LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE, complete with tooth stain......

• Members

Overall, fun episode on Monday. Bonnie & Hattie being a blast, some good stuff with Eric & Jen, Maggie didn't annoy me (much as I love her, she often annoys me, depending on how she's scripted). It sounds like she may ALSO be getting a story with Bonnie involved, and that's good for me. John, Paul, and Xander all grunting at each other for an hour and looking yummy. I'm OK with that.

At least they tried!

• Administrator

I usually don't react when someone gets slapped but when Abby slapped Dario, I said, "Woah."  I was surprised by how hard and real that slap was. lol

I actually like this Dark Dario. We should've seen him plot and plan for months to get and marry Abby. Then you build up to him getting caught. That classic soap stories get ratings.  

Loved seeing Steve doing sign language to Kayla. 

• Members

Useless Gabi being useless. Having to be protected and coddled by Chad while pretending to be a strong, tough, independent woman. Whatever.

Loved Hope and Rafe being scolded by Raines.

Please register in order to view this content

Marci Miller is going to be a star for this show. You can tell when she's written strongly, like when she walked into the room Dario was in and gave him that fierce look. If they continue like this, she'll be a spectacular recast. It doesn't work as well when she's bubbling and scaredy (which is always tougher to pull off).

Jennifer confronting Brady and then that sweet ending with the donuts was great. That exchange about jealousy and pride was on point!

The letters stuff was also very interesting. That shot of Eric coming back to the office and Nicole thanking him was written, directed, and acted as classic soap. 

That cliffhanger -- if you come with me! -- was great.

Archived