Days: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And the show sort-of acknowledges that with Hattie making fun of it.

But this dopplegänger storyline is dumb, but it will reveal the inevitable return of... DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN!

• Members

All the Days head writers have been at a severe disadvantage since they started writing 7-8 months ahead.  Ron will run into the same issues as Quigley, Tomsell etc. in that when a story isn't working it won't be fixed quickly.  It's also hard to know which beats to play when you can't see the chemistry play out on screen till months later.  I think the next few months will be exciting and fun and a bit buzz worthy. Let' see how things are in January once Sami is gone.  Ron will bring a lot of camp and humor to the show, and the dialog will be snappy and irreverent.  We've already seen that with the scripts by Richard Culliton, Kriezman and Carolyn Culliton in the first three episodes (and those are Days strongest script writers IMO).  I don't like the look alike plots but think of all those Trump voters watching in the heart land.  They love alternate realities, outlandish characters and impossibly evil people who get away with crimes. LOL

And don't look now but Carlivati has started following Rob Wilson (Ben) on Twitter...Could Ben be returning??

I'm also hearing that Kevin Spirtas as Craig Wesley will be makings some appearances for Chloe's story line!

• Members

Liking RC's' episodes, watched them straight thru LOL.  Liked the Chubby/Dario stuff, 1st time I felt a connection btwn JJ/Lani, good stuff so far....

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I wouldn't say it's "good" just that the bar has been set so low by Dena that anything is better.

I do think there's a definitive change in how characters interact but longterm plots... we'll see. The dopplegänger storyline is incredibly wonky from the get-go.

• Members

God, yes, it's all so stupid, but entertaining and much more interesting!

Please register in order to view this content

Here we go again -- casting a Middle Eastern man as Greek. His whole accent isn't even right. He's not even pronouncing Kiriakis correctly -- and he's Greek!  And I'm laughing so hard at the sign on the door that doesn't quite mean what they think it means. LMAO.

Why the HELL is Kate wearing the same blouse she wore during a food fight? Is the budget this broke? Couldn't they have Koslow wear one of her own blouses? I mean, I can still see a little yellow from the food on that blouse!!!

I am SO enjoying the Hattie/Anjelica stuff. I don't know a whole lot about Anjelica but even I can tell this is random for that character. Still, he's giving good, beloved actresses (Marlena, Bonnie, Anjelica) some real enjoyable things to work with. Bonnie seeing Hattie for example was so much fun. And I love the little bits of comedy ("It tells you you're hungry or you're horny" "It's the part that processes emotions" "That's what I said"  or something like that) and then not knowing which door. 

Dario and Chad have really good adversarial chemistry. Dare I say it? The DAYS staple of a character taking off RIGHT as they are about to be written out seems to be striking again. And they've added more moments of interest, like Andre being impressed by Katie (a new connection!) and Chad turning to leave but looking back, knowing something's up. Finally, some character... some space to breathe!

Even Marlena gets to be awesome: "You don't seem mad at me" "I raised Sami!"

Paul pushing Xander against the cabinet was so homoerotic  Always good to see that prime Australian beef LMAO

Archived