Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, I thought I was going crazy - yes, I've noticed that on today's episode. What's going on? lol

The teens don't bother me as much as they aren't on much. I expect them to be green, but I hope they improve.

• Members

@LeClerc I'm so glad I'm not crazy. I swore it was dubbing. Perhaps CLB had a cold or something. 

They need to recast Chucky - the actor is terrible. Reed/Mattie are definitely working for me.

MM and DG continue to light sparks for me - even in brief scenes. I'd love for Hane to hit the sheet as revenge for Jily. 

I still can't believe I'm not rolling my eyes at AH since the LA reboot. Victoria is being written perfectly for this story and I think AH is enjoying it.

Amazing how fast you can drive from NO to GC - I'm hating every aspect of mini-arc. Taking Bella away from a grieving Esther. Just terrible.

I wish Esther would hire Leslie to prevent the felon/pedophile from taking her granddaughter.  

• Members

Something I've noticed in how the teens are being written these days compared to say, the days of the Glow By Jabot kids- the teens today (Mattie, Reed and Charlie), all of their storylines seem dependent on what the adults are doing. 

Even as the Glow By Jabot kids were tangentially connected to the adults of Genoa City (e.g. Jack and some Jabot staff), the teens mostly inhabited their own world. Even in the Glow By Jabot house, the teens mainly only interacted with each other and their storylines were pretty self-contained within their own young adult milieu.

In fact, a few of the teens' parents were not even seen until later on down the road. (did we ever see Sierra's parents?)

Back then, except for Billy, none of the other Glow Kids had much of a connection to Jabot, they all saw it as fun summer jobs.

Whereas now, everyone's parent works for Brash and Sassy.  These kids don't have much of a storyline that is independent of their parents- their stories, in fact, are totally intertwined. 

So until these writers create storylines for the teens that can stand on their own, independently of the adults that surround them, people will probably see the teens as dull and uninteresting.

I can't even tell if the actor who plays Charlie is bad or not, since he doesn't have sh*t to do!

As for CLB, I thought he had a sinus infection. He sounded completely congested to me.

• Members

Oh gawd. I hated Lily with Cane. He's already ruined one young black woman's promise. Why must Hilary also be sacrificed?! Issa he!l no for me! 

@deedee Charlie's entire purpose is to prop Reed. Hate it. The twins have been soras'd for months and they've yet to share scenes with Neil or Devon. What does that tell you? Reed surely had made his rounds through the Newmans by then. 

• Members

The back and forth banter between Charlie and Reed is awful and unrealistic, so I blame that as much as anything. Teenagers don't talk that way to each other, especially if they don't like each other.

The girl playing Mattie is better with her glasses on. Yeah, I really mean that. The worst acting she's done has been at the rooftop pool with her glasses off. 

Archived