Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't care for dull ass Devon and Bryton does nothing for me but I don't want Texas Battle anywhere near this show. One of the worst actors I've ever seen. And I'm speaking on his acting outside of soaps because I wasn't a B&B viewer when he was getting regular airtime there.

• Members

I like Devon and think Bryton is sexy. He's definitely gotten better with age.

I'm intrigued where they are going with Mariah and Tessa and I say DO IT. Camryn Grimes has been great this week. When you fall for someone you let your guard down. I hope to see a stronger Mariah emerge again though.

Once again MTS and EB were great together. Yes they've played this scene a million times but the chemistry is undeniable and despite everything Victor does you can kind of see why she goes back to him (although I hope it's over for good this time).

Loved the Dina/Jack scenes. 

• Members

KMan101, I've made plenty of posts about what I think is good about the show and what's working. I think some things could be better, and I don't think Y&R is above criticism.

i don't expect all of us to agree on everything, which is why I hope others understand that I just don't agree on all these negatives. If this is a place to vent frustration, I don't see why I can't vent frustration with posters who complain constantly.

I'm passionate, too, KMan10. I'm a super fan, too. I say what I say because I care, too.

Seriously, I'm not trying to be an ass. I understand what you're saying. Some days, though, EVERY storyline is ripped apart and almost EVERY actor is trashed either for acting ability or looks. I think Marla Adams might be the only actor who's gone unscathed.

When the criticism gets to the point that Josh Morrow is called unattractive and that he shouldn't take off his shirt, we're into the realm of absurdity.

Yes, to each his own. I know many here don't like Morrow. I like his looks AND his performance, but I'm not angry with others who don't. I just think it should be ok for me to disagree. 

I dont understand a poster's defensiveness about my posts when that poster is trashing the writers and actors like mad. I'm not pointing at you, either -- I enjoy your posts for their content and variety, and they are balanced.

• Members

Dina gave Jack a good 'ole-fashioned soap slap! This takes me back to the days when a slap was a slap.

Please register in order to view this content

Looks like TPTB are teasing Mariah and Tess but whether they go beyond teasing it (especially until they move onto what they think is the 'next best thing') is anybody's guess.

The reality is that the only two characters that Mariah has shown any type of possibility of romantic chemistry are Tess and Noah, who is her brother.

Also, I said this during Memorial Day and I'm still wondering how long until Devon and Hilary are back under the sheets again. Memorial Day, I said by the end of the summer... let's see how close that projection is.

To me, it's probably more realistic that Nikki and Victor have an "Open Marriage".  Nikki and Victor are never going to be totally out of each other's orbit. They're always going to have some type of close relationship.  Anyone who thinks this is too far out there to play on a soap opera, well...you'd be surprised at how many high-powered couples have one.

• Members

A positive of Sussman and Alden has been freeing Hilary from the Devon vortex..and mixing her up with other characters....as well as bringing back Dina.

I do agree the Dina arc had been extended...but I perhaps would habe resolved the arc they planned for Dina then bringing her back a tad bit later.  I know that Dina had a very tense relationship with Dina and Jack to a lesser extent...but how did she and Traci interact?  Is Traci coming back for another visit?

• Members

Well said. Wasn't trying to come for you or anything but I appreciate you explaining this the way you did. I agree it sometimes borders on absurdity at times. Actors looks are personal taste, someone we find attractive others don't but it does become a bit ridiculous. I'm sorry but to say Morrow doesn't have a nice body because he's a terrible actor? One doesn't negate the other. But I get personal tastes and all ...

I really expected better from her in regards to both of them. I'd also have loved returns of Nina and Olivia. But nope. So disappointed in this regard. No reason Traci can't be on a few times a month, every month. The Winters clan could use a matriarch. Be it Olivia or Mamie I think they're missing that go-to person. She also seems completely uninterested in Neil, who I agree needed a slight rest from his damsel of the year but still ... he's recovered as a character much like Sharon has.

• Members

Traci's been on a few times every couple of months. She appeared in December and at least once in May and once in June I believe. Or something like that. No reason Traci can't be on for more than that. They find things for Gloria to do, why not Traci? The show is badly in need of veterans like Traci and Mamie/Olivia that the characters can turn to. That's one of the reasons Dina's return has been so good. It adds SO much to the canvas. And Marla Adams is just wonderful of course. And it's why it's so noticable when Jill is absent for months on time. She adds SO much to the canvas. I totally support Jess wanting to be with her family and grandkids but her presence on a regular basis is sorely missed by me.

To me, two of the best things Sussman has done is bringing back Dina and re-setting Sharon (Scott relationship aside). And pivoting Hilary into other storylines, though I still think the writing for Hil remains hit or miss.

Archived