Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess we now know how TPTB convinced EB to acquiesce to Victor taking a punch from Nick months ago because he knew Victor would be giving it right back to Nick down the road.

There was a time when these big events would be the launch of some type of big story (e.g. a murder mystery, a huge downfall for a character, etc.) but are Nikki and Jack part XIIIMC all we're going to get from this??

I still think it would be more interesting if Nikki stumbles on a supper club and finds out the it is owned by Bobby Marsino, who was not dead but in witness protection until the last of the mobsters died/went to jail. 

It would be an easy storyline to write... Devon and the streaming music service decide that Tess needs to sharpen her stage/performance presence and Tess is booked in some small regional clubs- intimate venues, less pressure. 

Tess, anticipating late nights and already uncomfortable with the Newman family dynamic, gives Nikki her notice and moves out but doesn't really explain why, which raises Nikki's suspicions and sends her on a fact finding mission.

After Nikki does some snooping, she comes across the name of a place that has a name that causes a visceral reaction, although she's not quite sure why. After more digging, she discovers the place is a club just outside of GC in a gentrifying neighborhood.

The name sticks in her head and she can't quite figure out why so curious, Nikki drives by the club in the daytime. It's closed but she sees information on a chalkboard outside the doors, scans it on her phone and decides to return when the place is open at night.

One evening when Nikki can get away, she drives out to the club where Tess is performing and Tess has just gotten offstage (we don't need to see/hear her perform). Nikki has lost sight of Tess and sits in the back as the night winds down until several customers clear the club and Nikki can see in the distance, Tess talking to some man whose back is turned to her.

Tess, peering at the front of the house and sees Nikki before their eyes meet. The man asks Tess "What's the matter?" and Tess says "I see somebody I know".  Nikki, who is walking toward Tess, ready to explain why she is there. 

The man starts to turn around but before we can see his face, we see Nikki's jaw drop to the floor and the man's voice says "Nikki?" and Nikki, stunned utters "Bobby?!" The man is revealed to be Bobby Marsino.

I don't know but that party needs to kick-off some type of intriguing storyline, not just another soon to fade dalliance between Jack and Nikki.

Now, if it were a kick-off between Nikki and Bobby, then it would've been worth it.

• Members

Honestly.  It just will not end. Every time they come on I'm like WFT! Go away already. 

I wish both of the actors the best. GR seems like a good guy and I hope he lands another job soon, but I cannot stand lame duck characters and Kevin lost his purpose a long time ago. He played a bad guy so well and the show just wasted that.

• Members

How old is GR? His hair is graying at rapid speed! Or is he not coloring his hair anymore?

Please register in order to view this content

And his hairstyle gets worse and worse...today's look was .

The only good part about today's show was Victor punching Nick. The rest of the show was zzzzzzzz.

• Members

Didn't he and Brittany have a son?

Where are TPTB going with this emerging rivalry that they're trying to push between Abby and Victoria?

I have a guess-- I noticed that, at the recital afterparty, Victor seemed like he was trying to nudge Scott and Victoria toward one another so maybe there are seeds being planted if/when Abby and Scott get together?

I mean, Abby and Victoria don't work at the same company so I guess the idea of a professional rivalry will wear pretty thin but Abby and Scott aren't even a couple (yet) so if they are pushing a triangle, they would be making a lot of assumptions that it will work, right?

• Members

I could maybe understand it if they were beloved Y&R characters but when several Y&R vets barely receive airtime currently (Cricket? Neil? Lauren? Paul?) the whole thing moves from irritatingly overindulgent to patently absurd. 

• Members

I agree with you. I don't mind criticism, and admittedly it's not ad bad as when I first started posting.

I actually liked that shot of Lily and the twins looking at Cane; I only wished that Charlie would have hugged his mom. If anybody watches, "Crazy Ex Girlfriend" that scene with the 3 of them reminded me of the last season finale when the 4 women looked at Rebecca's dad with vengeance lol. I also don't get all the gripe about CK having grown teens. They are what 15 at youngest? A lot of women have kids young and there is nothing wrong with that It just doesn't bother me and neither does the acting. No offence but this is daytime. While we are blessed with some good promising performers from time to time, I'm not sure how big the talent pool is. Also, how long does Y&R even have left (ok 3 years but after that?). I'd rather see the twins aged now if it provides compelling drama and moves stories, which it is with this one.

The whisper acting has always been a Y&R thing. It's a try hard thing, but I've grown accustomed to it. 

And yes Eric and Melody are just too excellent together. The fact that they continue to play the same beat and drum up all these emotions is amazing. 

The concert was good. I'm surprised nothing dramatic happened, but I liked it. 

EDIT: I like Nick and his "[!@#$%^&*] you Victor" attitude. As I mentioned one consistent thing since Nick got Victor arrested (back in what 2004?) has been the unsettling relationship with them. Why should Nick put up with Victor mistreatment of Nikki and his family? I also don't mind Joshua Morrow. He should keep his mouth shut when it comes to dictating storylines, but I do think JM steps up when necessary.

Archived