Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Members

@Juliajms Yes, Esther, a beloved character, is being treated like dirt. She's lost Delia, Katherine, Chloe and Bella moving away with a child molester. Of all people, Kevin and Chloe could've come clean with Esther - it's worth the risk, especially since Kevin claims he's so great out going off radar that even Victor can't find them. Clue to Kevin: don't tell everyone you're moving to Portland. As if Victor isn't going to check in with Dr Harris about Chloe consider the $$$ he's paying him. 

I still believe they are dragging this out because Adam is going to reappear soon. I fully expected Chelsea's mysterious babysitter emergency was an excuse to get her out of event to be surprised by Adam waiting for her at home. 

This past week was underwhelming but I'll give a pass because they managed to get almost all the key cast for event - like the old days and Juliet baby daddy was revealed quickly. 

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think this past week was underwhelming at all. I thought it was great.

While there's truth to so many of your comments, what's missing on this board (at least for me) is the almost complete lack of positives about Y&R. So much is working, and the show looks great.

This concert event was classic Y&R with an elegant set, lots of cast members, lots of extras, fancy wardrobe and hair, and more. None of it bored me, whether it was dramatically good or made me laugh. I can't stand Tessa, yet I admit I liked her song and performance on Thursday's show. The Nikki and Victor stuff was terrific.

What about the way characters looked? Or mingled? Or made wisecracks? Any comments? No. Instead we get pages on AH getting too much work. Cripes.

The Ashlys? Yes, I agree about Cane's whispering, but it's not that big a deal as this board makes it, and it's not as if every other actor does it. DG isworking hard to play the role sincerely. CK has been doing good work, period. She's too young to be the mother of those twins? SO WHAT? Get over it already. I've accepted it. 

The twins inks are green actors, but Charlie was pretty good this week, and neither is in the rotten category of the teen actors on DAYS.

i can take hearing criticism-- I've made plenty of my own -- but dumping on this week is like looking a gift horse in the mouth. I just don't know what some of you guys want.

• Members

I think Charlie is the better actor of the twins when they don't give him cringeworthy dialogue.

I loved Abby lashing out at Victoria this week.

Victor's quip about Ravi's bedtime was hilarious.

This is the first time I didn't FF Tessa's singing in a while and it was a decent song, still hate singing on Soaps though.

• Members

We can post whatever opinions we want about the show. Just because you liked certain things doesn't mean everyone else did. And just because you except Lily as mother to teens doesn't mean it's believable and that it doesn't look completely out of place onscreen.

I liked the look of the recital  but I don't care for Nikki's story. And I was cringing at the basd acting from the Ashbys. It doesn't matter which  twin is "better" than the other they both cant act.

• Members

I think there is lots to like about the current Y&R, but like so many, I think it's saddled with too many bad actors or storylines.  I'm grateful that, to me, it has improved greatly in the past 6 months.

• Members

I often wonder what the show would be like today if Sussman had been hired to replace altman/passanttr.

I think she wouldn't have had as much to fix....cause they didn't hurt the show...just kept it basic and the foundation of the show was in tact.

I

• Members

I agree, it has improved, but it's very boring. They need to find a way to balance character development and action. It can't be only talk, all the time. The pacing is so strange, that when something does happen, you blink and you miss it. I know most people HATE events, but when done properly, they would enhance the story.

• Members

The show has been far better since LA reboot, but that's only 2 months. The first 5 months of SSM were horrifically boring - except for 3-week arc leading to Chloe being exposed. 

SSM's love for Victor is obvious. Nick's dialogue and bizarre actions are solely for purpose to prop Victor. Who isn't rooting for TGVN to smack Pricholas down after what he did to Nikki? It's not necessary. I prefer Victor ruthless - not some chess playing, classical music-loving grandpa hanging at ranch with 9 y.o. kids. 

• Members

And I can post whatever opinion *I* want about the show. I never told you or anyone else to shut up.

i accept Lily. I don't except her. Just because you don't accept her doesn't mean she's NOT believable and looks out of place. See how that works?

Cringe all you want. Your choice, so have at it. Cringe for an hour a day for all I care. Meanwhile, I'm happy with the show.

• Members

Y&R needs to hire an older actress to play Lily

CK looks like she could be school pals with her own kids and not their Mom

I dont mind the twins and I think Reed is a good recast

They could recast Scott, the actor is ok but has no personality

Im still wondering if Tessa is smeine we already know and that connection to Zach

Archived