Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To those who complain about the concert storyline... I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but what were you wishing for when it came to the Newmans? Stolen babies? Victor plotting to gaslight someone? Nikki pining over his sperm again? This is classic stuff. Maybe it's not exciting. Maybe the stakes are not that high. But I'm enjoying the human interactions ensuing from it. The story ties in Nikki's long-time hobby... to her relationship with Victor and her current illness. (which I'm not even a fan of). I also have a feeling it will lead to something else.

As for Lauren, I have a feeling SSM likes her but 

A- sorry, she's not a talented writer... at all!

B- after the awful Fenmore's story, I feel the higher ups have ordered 'no more Lauren'.

• Members

@Aback i believe you meant 'no more WORM' - Fenmore's was all about her - Lauren was simply a pawn. 

I find it interesting that Tracey is sidelined - especially since she is the actor featured on the Y&R icon on Xfinity! Not a Newman or an Abbott, but fricking Lauren Fenmore in with that big fiery hair and green dress. 

• Members

I typically read most boards, Twitter, and FB. It's entertaining. Most of FB hates Hilary with a passion and want her gone. But that's not the case on Twitter and boards. She's very popular on Twitter. 

I have to agree considering what Hilary gets. 

That final scene with Victor and Nikki was great. Compelling stuff. I despise Victor but in that moment, I wanted him forgiven. Well played. 

I don't think Lauren's story was awful. It just disappeared though. 

• Members

Can we kill off the Ashby's? They're all obnoxious. Let's all take a shot whenever Mattie mentions school/studying! 

What's this whispering thing that Cane is doing? Is it supposed to be dramatic? Last but not least, these Ashby twins cannot [!@#$%^&*] act! Mattie is the worst, because she's in the most scenes. At least Charlie doesn't do too much speaking.

• Members

Definitely a throwback to 80s Colenade Room style and glamour. 

The chemistry between Tessa and Cassiah is undeniable 

i kinda like JM being a total (D)ick. Dressing down Noah was not something I expected. 

@SteelCity DG's whispers have been terrible this week. I don't get it. Clearly the director or someone in production thinks it works. It doesn't. 

There's a reason EB/MTS have lasted 38 years. They really do have a magic that transcends TGVN's awfulness. As much as I like them apart, I really did feel Victor's proclamation that he was doing the concert for her and not some manipulation or humiliation attempt. 

Oh and Aunt Jack you'll never be able to compete with a man who arranges a concert, commissions a custom gown and offer gaudy chunky chokers. It's every 60 yo woman's fantasy. 

Archived