Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Members

Haha that wouldn't have been a bad idea if that type of stuff wasn't so taboo at the time, but I think Chase was always suppose to be Nina's "endgame" in some ways....it always bugs me they wrote him off before the David stuff even ended.

I wonder if Phillip is even still alive in Sally's universe? haha

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hillary should make a play for Nick.  I suppose the show wouldn't go there, but it would make so much sense.  I'm not saying he should be where Hillary lands long term (too old) , but it would be good angst for Hevron and put a much needed end to Chick.  I guess the negative would be that it would highlight Nick's age given that Mariah's twin was Nick's daughter.

Maybe Hillary would be more suited to date Noah, but that still doesn't give a character the same status as dating Nick, plus MM would completely dominate their scenes. Obviously when dating Noah still feels like the character is in the minor leagues that's a problem for the show.

• Members

I agree that there are beats that could be explored. But the show ignores new beats to play the same beat over and over. That's why it becomes stale. When I hear a character recite the exact same line for weeks on end it gets tiring.  I think Neil, Devon, Colin (though hated...lol), Jill, etc could be used to expand POV in the story to make it richer. But instead, it's confined mostly to Jordan as Lily's confidante to push that pairing. Limiting to push agenda has always been a pet peeve of mine. Again, I'm enjoying the story, but i'm becoming bored with the same beat and same people having the same scenes over and over. Especially when it's unnecessary.

CLB, much as I love him, has outlived his use on this show.  He can go recurring and Michael just be resident lawyer. I'm sure he sees that GR leaving also has implications for him. It means Michael has less family and less to do. Look at how SBu leaving has totally sidelined DD. It's not like TEB is ever on these days.  If the show wants to make a huge cut, Baldwin's are the most expendable. He has to know that, right? 

• Members

@ajsp35801  Or she might want to weigh her options (assuming she has some).  Phyllis is not needed on this canvas at this time.  deSORASing the character did more harm than good.  Enough women in that age group (or close to it) to go around and viewers really don't care about Trashcan Philly romps!  

• Members

When in the world would someone who travels back and forth from LA to NY every week have time to do theatre?  Unless it was something in LA?

But I have never believed that she wanted to stay on Y&R longterm frankly. I thought she'd leave after 5 or 6 years anyway. 

As much as I like her, I think it's fine for her to take a backseat on the show for a while. She has lead the show for basically 3 years straight got 2 Emmy nominations in 3 years and won an Emmy. It's okay if she has a slow 6 or so months. 

It's not much different than anyone else. Eileen is on sporadically and just to have repetitive conversations with Jack and has no love life, Victoria is on entirely too much and has no love life, Sharon has nothing close to resembling a story but she does listen to Scott talk about his 50 million backstories, Mariah has no story, the list goes on and on and on. 

There's the Brash & Sassy story and everyone else has a collection of scenes. Oh and the exit that won't end with Kevin and Chloe that disappears for 6 weeks then pops back up again for some reason (just leave already).

• Members

@Juliajms, I agree that Noah seems a bit player now, but I think the show has been doing a great job building up it's younger cast. I sense that Noah is next on the list to feature more.  I noticed that he's getting some ambition albeit Underground related.  But that's something.  And I noticed he was allowed to "save the day" in today's show.  In 6 months to a year, he might be a full featured lead.  

• Members

That's because the writers have chosen to strip the Phyllis character of all personality, drive and impulse. Does anyone believe Phyllis would be OK with Billy at Victoria's beck and call? We KNOW Phyllis would be scheming to break that apart. Heck, she'd be on Team Juliet/Hilary to destroy B&S. 

Archived